Stage iv CC metastasised to ovaries

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
LKGower

Stage iv CC metastasised to ovaries

Postby LKGower » Mon May 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi everyone. Last year when I was diagnosed stage iv CC, it had metastasised to both my ovaries. During surgery, they removed my right ovary and cut half my left (no removal of uterus as it was not affected by cancer). I had two surgeons during my surgery, my colon surgeon basically wanted to take it and but by gyno onc talked him out of it, as I am 28 and haven't had kids yet. I'm aware that I am at high risk of reoccurance in my pelvic region but I am really interested to know, has anyone or knows of anyone who has had their cancer metastasis to ovaries and haven't had a reoccurance? I know most people get hysterectomies but looking for cases similar to mine. Thanking you in advance, Lisa.

Pantheraleo

Re: Stage iv CC metastasised to ovaries

Postby Pantheraleo » Tue May 14, 2013 1:56 am

It is now three years and two months since I had surgery to remove mets in my ovaries and a number of pelvic lymph nodes. I've been NED since this surgery in March 2010.

Here is a link to a post I wrote two and a half years ago with more detail of my cancer journey:

http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16091
Stage IV Rectal Cancer.
Diagnosed Jan 2006 (age 44). LAR with J-Pouch March 2006
2 liver mets, surgery Nov 2006. Folfox until July 2007
Oct 2009. Mets in ovaries and pelvic lymph nodes
Surgery March 2010
XELIRI w Avastin, before/after surgery
PET/CT May 2015: NED - "Declared well"

LKGower

Postby LKGower » Tue May 14, 2013 4:20 am

Thanks for your reply :) well that's a bit relieving hearing a positive story. I hear so much negative stories about reoccurance. I just want enough time to finish treatment and try pop put a few babies :) (that's if chemo doesn't make me infertile). Thank you for your story though, much appreciated. Lisa

Annb

Postby Annb » Tue May 14, 2013 6:26 pm

I had metastasis to one ovary. It was on the same side as the cancer (right side). The ovary was huge and completely involved. It has been 5 years since surgery and no recurrence.

Best to you.
Annb
3/06 DCIS breast cancer
3/08 Dx CC at age 52
Stage IV (or was it IIB?...that is the question), met to right ovary, 0/16 nodes.
Right hemi, hysterectomy.
FOLFOX 5/28/08 until 11/12/08.
Married, 3 children 29, 27, 22
NED

LKGower

Postby LKGower » Wed May 15, 2013 3:24 am

Thanks Ann. That's made me feel a whole lot better. I usually have a positive attitude about it all, but it's just the pelvic region that makes me so nervous about reoccurance :/ Lisa

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”