scars? and tattoos?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Ron50

Postby Ron50 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:24 pm

Unfortunately I look like I crawled over a landmine ,I couldn't get tatts i'd have to get screen printed. Ps I also love your alternate posts cynn(((((((ron))))))

cynnycal

Postby cynnycal » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:36 pm

nah, haven't gotten em yet.
i just got off chemo bout three or so weeks ago, so i too have to wait for my counts to go up
(my WBC was only at 1.9 this past tues. when i got a CBC. so i'm still waiting)

but i think about it often. I got a nice scar from bout half inch above my bellybutton til bout halfway below where pubic hair starts.

it's actually not too bad of a scar. pretty straight 'cept where i had an infection in the wound and had to pack it twice a day. and where they took the desmoid tumor out. the most recent (poorly taken) pic of my belly is from my cellphone
(took it so a girl could see what she was getting into, as she was thinking of getting the same kpouch surgery i did)
you can see it here:
http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photos/ ... sy28qsqirv

anywho, i'm thinking of incorporating something to do with a phoenix (rebirth and all).

but i'm also really toying with the idea of a full back piece. so it's probably a long time coming (in terms of money, etc)

(p.s. Thanks Ron!!)

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Cynn,

Not until after my last colonoscopy in December did I learn that the surgeon had tattooed my descending colon. I have not yet seen the photos taken and only know that there are 8 markings in black ink. Any guess to the design? Smiley faces? Stars?

Holly

cynnycal

Postby cynnycal » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:22 pm

COOL! hahahah...i have no descending colon left. nor any ascending. actually no colon at all.
but that'd be damned cool to be able to tell someone "oh, you got your lower back tattoo'd? yea, that's cool i guess. I got one one of my organs tattooed. Top THAT."
hehehehhe...

cynnycal

Postby cynnycal » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:23 pm

BTW, I do have three little dot tattoos from radiation.
i was thinking i could have them 'connect the dots' on me. but it would form a....straight line across my ass? not very exciting at all.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:33 pm

Cynn,

You crack me up! Now that you mention it...When you fill out medical or dental forms, yah, you know the ones. I vaguely remember there being a question about piercings and tattoos. Does that mean now that my colon is tattooed, that I have to check yes box? Or is this just between me and my medical team?

Holly

johnnys84

Postby johnnys84 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:37 pm

I had a similar idea about the radiation reference tattoos but instead of a maple leaf I was thinking connecting to form the bermuda triangle since that is where the poop has disappeared from.

Once this k-pouch has settled down and proven that it will be around for a while butt cheeks will be tattooed around it as well as a little monkey under it so I can say monkeys flew out of my butt.
JJS

Diagnosed June 30, 2006 Stage II colorectal cancer (familial polyposis) 30 years old
October 27, 2006 Total Colectomy and K-pouch
March 9, 2007 K-pouch revision

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”