Final Folfox today

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
wendy/21

Final Folfox today

Postby wendy/21 » Mon May 15, 2006 5:09 pm

Today I finished my final FOLFOX treatment! :D No more oxalyplatin. I was so happy that I wasn't even annoyed when the lab called me 15 minutes before myJyu scheduled chemo and told me I had to drive the 30 minutes back to the lab because they messed up the last tube of blookd and couldn't run the required tests without more blood! Seemed like a fitting end to this journey. Even though I don't get rid of my pump until Wednesday, I'm totally excited today.
Just FYI: I was dx September with stage IIIA cc. 2 lymph nodes involved at 43. PET and CT scand were clear in March. The genetics report showed that my tumor was NOT genetic which was a huge relief as I have 3 daughters.
I will still be Avastin for another 6 months as part of a study, but I consider this to be the last "real" chemo!
I want to thank you all. Even though I don't post often, I read daily and have learned so much. You have all given me strength and support on days I couldn't even manage to do anything more than open my email.
Blessings to you all.

Mali

Happy to hear your news

Postby Mali » Tue May 16, 2006 3:26 am

Wendy

I'm so pleased to hear your news. I wish you all the very best for continued good health. It's so heartening to hear a good outcome.

With love
Mali

ASTEPHENS33

End of chemo

Postby ASTEPHENS33 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:42 am

Just wanted to say that I so relate to your post and the feeling of happiness when its all over. I am also stage IIIA, diagnosed last November. I finish my chemo May 22 and am counting the days. (I am taking Xeloda only.) Congradulations again!!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:46 pm

Hi Wendy,

I just recently found this sight. I am also just recently diagnosed with a stage
111c with 17 nodes. I have already done my resection and a round of chemo
with radiation but now I am starting folfox in a week and I really dont know what to expect. How did you do on this? how long did you have to take folfox? I am really happy for you to be finished with this phase of your treatments. If you could please lend your insights into this chemo it would be
really helpful. If you are taking the Avastin I also like to know how your doing on this as well. Enjoy the rest of your break and may you have peace
and feel good for your vacation from your rounds of meds!!!!! Allison

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:15 am

Cogratulations Wendy!!!
I was also a Stage IIIa and was done with my Chemo in August. It is a strange feeling to be done and was even stranger getting the port out, but a WONDERFUL strange!! LOL I still have the neuropathy from the Oxaliplatin but if that is something I have to live with the rest of my life, I can do it. At least I survived!!! I have gotten along just great since treatments so far. Will be my 18th month since surgery in July so this will be a BIG milestone for me. Again SO VERY GLAD to hear of your exciting news Wendy!!! Stay strong and keep positive thoughts!

Hugs Peg

Eileen

Wonderful !

Postby Eileen » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi Wendy,

Congrats on finishing the FOLFOX. I also had that treatment... Stage lllB.

Are you in a trial or special study that you are taking Avastin for 6 months?

Love to you and your family! :)
Love and Prayers,
Eileen
Stage IIIB

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”