Fissure or Hemorrhoids?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
BrownBagger

Re: Fissure or Hemorrhoids?

Postby BrownBagger » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 pm

mm66ny wrote:got a mirror, and after feeling like a freak for what I was doing--looking at my butt with a mirror--discovered it was indeed a fissure.

I'm thinking about a decidedly more high-tech solution: Ass-Cam. I never can figure out exactly what's going on down there. I'm pretty sure the Ass-Cam brand ass cam is the solution I've been looking for.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

lauragb

Postby lauragb » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Yep, Ass Cam. How we all could use one during our trials and tribulations in our nether parts! Figure out how to engineer one and you're a millionaire.

Ass Cam, I want one.
RC 3B 7/2011 @ 53
Chemoradiation 5 weeks 8/11
LAR-Hysterect-temp ileo
pCR, 0/23 nodes
Folfox 1/12, Xeloda 2/12 to 5/12
Reversal 5/12
SBO,lysis of adhesions 12/12
NED 11/12, 11/13, 6/16

BrownBagger

Postby BrownBagger » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am

lauragb wrote:Figure out how to engineer one and you're a millionaire.

But I can't take it with me.

I think the main engineering challenge will be figuring out how to get a good image while keeping the camera out of the line of fire, so to speak.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

tammylayne

Postby tammylayne » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:52 am

"Coming soon to a store near you...the revolutionary BrownBagger Ass Cam! Yes, for 3 easy payments of $29.95 you can own this high tech, waterproof camera that will allow you to see things you have only had night mares about!!!

BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you order in the next 15 minutes....we will ship you TWO BrownBagger Ass Cams!!!! That's right - TWO for 3 easy payments of $29.95!!! You can share this experience with a loved one and compare pictures!!!!! And...because it is Thursday, we will also throw in 26 rolls of high quality 3 ply toilet paper and 6 tubes of Preperation H!!!!

Call now - 1-800-ASSCAM - CALL NOW!!!!!!"

Yup...I can see it already....go for it Eric!!!!!
51 F
'06 Stage 1 CC,
'10 Stage 3 Rectal

"You never know how strong you are until you have to become your own hero."

vickitwo

Postby vickitwo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:13 am

SO FUNNY! Thanks for the laugh.
Vicki

DH Dx 1/2012 @ age 52
stage IV CC
transverse colon,omentum, cecum,liver,lungs,L5
9 rounds of Folfox, Avastin,
5FU/Leucovorin/Avastin
radiation tx to L5 and hips
Folfiri/Zaltrap
12/13/13 Folfox/Avastin
1/4/2014 passed away @ Hospice House- age 54

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:56 am

BrownBagger wrote:
lauragb wrote:Figure out how to engineer one and you're a millionaire.

But I can't take it with me.

I think the main engineering challenge will be figuring out how to get a good image while keeping the camera out of the line of fire, so to speak.

That is the major concern, isn't it?? Surely, all the brilliant minds here can come up with a solution! Can't wait to see the final result! :wink:

Guinevere
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

SoCalSaz

Postby SoCalSaz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:44 am

Hi BB,

Coming out of *lurk* mode, as a long-time (chronic) fissure sufferer, to commiserate and also to offer the suggestion: see if your doc will prescribe diltiazem cream. The diltiazem helps promote healing, and it often comes with lidocaine to help bring down the pain a half-notch. It usually has to be compounded specially. I recommend putting it on after a warm sitz bath, or after sitting on a heating pad for a little while. (In fact, I recommend sitz baths and heating pads as much as possible while you're going through it!)

I also take Percocet for my pain when it gets really bad; the fact that it's a little constipating is usually OK for me, as I find that my fissure gets aggravated more when my BMs are too soft/sticky rather than when they're a little firm, but of course your mileage and personal needs may vary on that score.

Calmoseptine and wheatgrass cream have also helped somewhat for me. Also, I use moist wipes instead of toilet paper (but not the witch hazel ones, which can be drying, I find). Most of the time when my fissure flares up it's manageable for me now, though this past weekend I had a bad 24-hour patch. And yes, when it really flares, I find that there's swelling/inflammation. (So ibuprofen and ice, alternated with heat as necessary or as you find soothing, can help on that score.)

Hope you're feeling better soon! As I said, my fissure is chronic now -- all that frequency of BMs in the first year after reversal did it to me -- so I really hope it heals up and stays healed for you!!
53; Ileocolectomy for cecal bascule, 10/2022

dx RC 3/2010
T3N0M0
5 wks chemoradiation 5/2010
LAR 8/2010, ileo rev. 10/2010
2 rounds XELOX 4 rounds Xeloda 11/2010-4/2011
LIS surgery for fissure 2013

Thyroid cancer 1997; bleeding/connective tissue/autoimmune disorders

nkoske

Postby nkoske » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 am

mm66ny wrote: Googled fissure, looked at the picture, got a mirror, and after feeling like a freak for what I was doing--looking at my butt with a mirror--discovered it was indeed a fissure.

Had my wife take a picture of the 'hole' with my digital camera on macro mode, while I was doing radiation just cause I was curious.

Now on Chemo with the caliber reducing tumor gone, my poor little 'hole' has not seen poops of this diameter for at least a year. I definitely have got a little fissure that breaks open from time to time. Pain isn't much worse than OD-ing on pickle jalapenos. With that said pickled jalapenos aren't a part of my diet these days.

Maybe it's time to get the wife to take another picture, I'm sure she'll be so excited :wink: .
Nick, DX @ age 34, IIIB Rectal Cancer 10/2012
ChemoRad IMRT 11/2012
Laparoscopic LAR 1/2013 (No Ileo)
Post Surgery Path IIIB (2/15 LN)
Chemo 2/2013 (XelOx)
Currently NED, Graduated from Med Onc 10/2017

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”