Senate Bill 1955

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Senate Bill 1955

Postby Edward » Fri May 12, 2006 11:32 am

DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!

Go to www.acscan.org to see how your senator voted!!!!!
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Dot

The fight is not over!!

Postby Dot » Sat May 13, 2006 6:09 pm

Edward;

Thanks for the update and web site. Everyone needs to go to the web site and find out how their Senators voted. I did, and I now need to send them a letter asking them how would they like to be the wife of a 39 y/o with Stage IV cc!

Dot

S. 1955

Postby Guest » Sat May 13, 2006 7:53 pm

I am from Tennessee and have already written Senator Frist, MD along with Senator Alexander and told them I was very disappointed in their vote. I am amazed that a Dr. would vote for taking the fight against cancer backwards.

I also wrote the bill sponsors and my Senators about a week before the vote. I did not hear back from any of them. At the same time, I did write my State Representatives and asked that they pass legislation requiring insurance to cover screening colonoscopies at 50 or whenever symptoms present, and a lady did write me back and said she would also pass my e-mail on to a representative who is a Dr. for his help and review.

I am all for helping people get insurance, but don't underinsure all to do it.

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Sun May 14, 2006 7:33 am

I have just finished writing my Senator a LONG letter as well. I was VERY disappointed to see he voted YES instead of NO!!! We ALL need to stay on top of things like this. I can't even IMAGINE what would have happened to me if I didn't have my Colonoscopy because my insurance wouldn't pay for it! I know I would have put it off for a while and then I would have been a Stage IV for sure. I am just very thankful it DID pay for it. We all have to keep fighting to make sure EVERYONE has the opportunity for these screenings!!

Peg

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”