Internal Gastro-Intestinal Pain Upon Standing

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
westie68

Internal Gastro-Intestinal Pain Upon Standing

Postby westie68 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi all: This has probably been covered already in some other discussion in the past but I couldn't find it. In May 2012 I have a perforated bowel and had a colostomy. It took 2 surgeries to do that as in the 2nd surgery the surgeon fixed up a hernia from abdominal surgeries in April 2010. In April 2010 I had my gallbladder removed with its tumour and part of my liver, again two surgeries to do that. So lots of scar tissue I'm sure. In November 2012 I had high dose radiation to my liver (Quadrant 4B) to attempt to "kill" a tumour there at the falciform ligament. So likely scar tissue there. In the past month or so, when I stand up I get intense pain in my right upper quadrant (i.e. from the belly button to the right hip) after about 10 minutes of standing or walking. However, as soon as I lay down flat or even sit, the pain goes away. I had assumed this was scar tissue "moving downwards" with gravity as it kind of feels like that - a pulling but very painful.

Anyone have this? Can something be done about it? I have seen both my oncologist and family doctor and am awaiting an appointment with my surgeon.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”