I'm soooo tired!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Brad

I'm soooo tired!

Postby Brad » Thu May 11, 2006 7:26 am

Hey fellow colon clubbers,
I'm stage IV, just finished a 6 month cycle of Folfiri plus avastin in December. Since then I've been experiencing more and more fatigue. My Onc. tells me that it is normal and could take six months to a year to recover from the chemo. It doesn't seem to me like I should feel worse, I should be feeling a little better every week, right? Anybody experienced this?

Brad

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu May 11, 2006 7:30 am

Brad,

Sounds normal to me. After 4 months on Folfox, I could hardly get out of bed. I was very fatigued. When you are tired, rest. I believe it is our bodies way of telling us we need it!

Given time...You will be back to your energy filled self! Hope this helps!

Brad

Postby Brad » Thu May 11, 2006 3:27 pm

What concerns me is that the fatigue is getting worse and all my blood counts are great. Shouldn't I be feeling better day by day and not worse?

wow

Postby guest » Thu May 11, 2006 5:21 pm

Brad,

All I can tell you is to give it time. You just finished chemo and it's whole purpose is to knock out the cancer and all of you. Fatigue is normal. If your counts are fine, feel reassured that your body is readjusting. This is a very good thing...

Hugs!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”