Selling myself out?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cynnycal

Selling myself out?

Postby cynnycal » Tue May 09, 2006 12:05 am

Alright, I'm going to see Conan Obrian on wednesday since he's filming in chicago this week...and the guest on the show is Dave Chappelle.
Sooo, my mom jokingly says "you should wear a sign saying 'i have cancer, please let me meet Dave and/or Conan'"
(im a HUGE fan of both) i don't really care so much if i meet them...as i'm not one of those types of fans. i don't really have anything to say to either of them. BUT i want to get good seats....
Can i do that? Can I whore myself out like that? I figure at this point i've been through so much humiliating crap, i pretty much have little to no dignity/pride left.
I ain't too proud to beg!!! ;)

whattdya think? what would you do?

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Conan

Postby Edward » Tue May 09, 2006 7:57 am

If it makes you laugh and you are ok with it, go for it and have a good time!!!!!! :D
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

blanca

Postby blanca » Tue May 09, 2006 6:01 pm

Go for it. Why not exploit our cancer? Everyone else does. My brother used that excuse when he wouldn't go to school. "My sister has cancer and I am just stressed out" And guess what? They bought it!

cynnycal

Postby cynnycal » Tue May 09, 2006 9:14 pm

Alright, so i'm gonna make a sign that says "i'm missing chemo to see conan"

(since technically i go in on wednesday mornings, i'm gonna instead go in after the show is done taping, that evening)

I talked to my doc. today and said "hey, can i go in to the hospital tomorrow night instead? I have tickets to conan" He said " oh yea, but don't you think you should be taking your oncologist to that? I mean, if something went wrong I'd need to be there to make sure nothing happened.."
heh, doc's with senses of humor are a good thing.

wish me luck! and look for me if i make it!
;)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”