Oxaliplatin, I need help with this.. PLEASE

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:54 am

Hi Nick

I never had anyt itching with Oxy, but sorry to say, the numbies get worse as you go along. :cry: Mine would go away between treatments but with my last treatment, the numbies stayed. I have been off Chemo now for 13 months now and I still have numbness in my finger tips and from the balls of my feet to the toes. It HASSSSSS gotten much better, but nerve endings take a LONGGGGGGGG time to heal. My oncologist is not worried about it as it is improving with time. He said nerve endings just take a very long time to heal. If I had NOT been improving, then he said it would probably be something I deal with the rest of my life, but since it is getting better, he is sure it will totally go away in time. I would ask your Oncologist about taking B6 and B12 with your treatments to see if that helps at all or if it gets worse make sure you tell them. They can cut your dosage or cut the Oxy out alltogether if need be. Just keep on top of it and TELL them EVERYTHING that is happening with your body!! Hang in there you will get through it!!! We are all here for support and any help we can give at all.

Hugs Peg

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:16 pm

Cheers Sweet Peg, ive taken a deep breath and will soldier on. If anyone asks why am i itching I will tell them dont get too close, these mothers can jump 20 feet!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :shock:

Shell

Postby Shell » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:24 pm

my doc. cancelled my last round due to neuropathy. that was may and fingertips and feet near toes and toes still tingling. glad to read it takes time to heal. will see my doc next week for 3 month check up, i was gonna ask him then.
i'm an artist and it makes it a bit difficult to work, but not impossiible!!

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:40 pm

LOL Too funny Nick!!! that's a good job with the humor there! Hey say hello to everyone across the pond for me! I haven't been there in about 6 years now, but I fell in love with England....and yes, I have been through B'ham....know all about you brummies!! LOL Just joking!! Have a nice pastry and tea for me....little milk and a touch of brown sugar in my tea. You keep that good attitude and you will breeze right through these treatments. Good attitude, lots of smiles and laughs....and a bit of prayer thrown in there too of course!! I will always say those things are about 98% of the cure! Keep posting and keep us all updated here.

Cheers! My friend Peg

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:39 pm

Sweet Peg, ive just had the cup of earl grey for you accompanied with a nice scone with strawberry jam, it was a right touch!!!! Hey ive been embracing the good old us of a this week. A gentleman by the name of Randy Lerner (owner of mbna credit card and The Cleveland Browns American football team has just taken control of my beloved football (soccer) team ASTON VILLA FC. GO RANDY GO!!! :D

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”