Yellowbird, will you check in?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
skypup

Yellowbird, will you check in?

Postby skypup » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 am

Hi Laura,

You are on my mind and in my prayers, and I'm sure that is true for many. Will you check in and let us know how you are doing?

Much love,
Theresa

WorriedWife

Re: Yellowbird, will you check in?

Postby WorriedWife » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:21 am

Yes, in my prayers also. Please let us know how you are doing.
Hubby
CC Stg. 2b
Dx 6/12
surgery & reconnect
opted out Folfox
Pet Scan Aug NED
abscess/fistula for over a year
ongoing Dec 2013
Praying for each and every one of you

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Yes thinking of you x
Daughter of loving dad, dx Stage IIIC Mar 10
Resect Apr 10. 1 lymph nodes positive
Heart history has ruled out treatments
NED to date!

consdrs

Postby consdrs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Me too!!! Prayers to you!!

Connie
DX 12/23/2010 stage 4 rectal cancer
Mets to liver, lung, 45+ positive LN (stopped counting)
CEA 1237
inoperable
KRAS Wild
FOLFOX-6 W/Avastin 10 months failed
CEA 1444
Irri-Erbi 10 months Failed
CEA 5.9
10-2012 Stivarga Failed
CEA 469

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:29 pm

A few months ago I got in some hot water for communicating something from Facebook. I think, however, that I'm fine in saying that Yellowbird is posting regularly, and appears to be having fun and doing well. I have chatted with her. She is an amazing woman, that's for sure!
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

Yellowbird
Facebook Username: Laura Yarbrough Abbott

Postby Yellowbird » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi All,

Wow...I feel so loved :D

The past two weeks have been really blurred. Hospice people came out every day for the first week. Then I just saw a nurse and social worker this week.

I'm keeping my spirits up, staying close to home, sleeping a lot, taking a lot of hydrocodone.

My CT scan results of my chest finally came in ... as I suspected, widespread nodules in my lungs. The nurse called me with the results Tuesday morning and said the onc said I could either do chemo or not....(?) I asked, what is his recommendation, and of course they want me to come in to talk to him, which wouldn't be a problem if he weren't an hour and a half away. I guess I am not satisfied with the answer that I can do "This or that"...I just want to be told how it is, what would be better for me, keeping in mind I would rather not take chemo til I die. That being said, I'll probably just keep on hospice and enjoying my time.

I had a heinous allergic reaction to a drug Sunday night and it kept me feeling awful til today, when I finally feel a bit more human.

I'm not ready to die!!! My 18 year old daughter still has not dealt with this and she graduates high school in June...my niece gets married in St. Kitts in June also. Would love to be blessed with those events...but at my stage, four months away is a very long time.

My shortness of breath is getting worse as you would imagine. The oxygen helps a bit I think.

The sun was out today, I had two visitors, I watched Austin Powers and laughed and played with my dog....those simple pleasures are so valuable to me right now!!!

I try not to think about how the outcome might have been different, had I been on chemo all last year....would my mets be less? Would the chemo have weakened me to the point where I succumed quicker? Only God knows these answers. But, I would not have been able to go to LA, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, and the Bahamas; and danced the night away to disco tunes like I did when I was 21.

I'm living, I'm breathing, and God willing, I'll still be doing that for a while to come....

<3
Dx stage III July '10
Colon resection August '10
8 rounds Folfox
dx stage IV peritoneal carcinoma May 11
HIPEC Aug 11
Mop up folfiri with avastin
July 12, liver mets multiple metastases

tammylayne

Postby tammylayne » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:12 am

Great to hear from you!!! Sounds like you have been having some highs...wonderful for you. May you have many many more.

Take care and be kind to yourself...
51 F
'06 Stage 1 CC,
'10 Stage 3 Rectal

"You never know how strong you are until you have to become your own hero."

skypup

Postby skypup » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:56 am

Yellowbird wrote:I try not to think about how the outcome might have been different, had I been on chemo all last year....would my mets be less? Would the chemo have weakened me to the point where I succumed quicker? Only God knows these answers. But, I would not have been able to go to LA, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, and the Bahamas; and danced the night away to disco tunes like I did when I was 21.
<3

Hi Laura!
It was so good to wake up to your post--it is going to take something huge to make my day any better than it is right now!

Vent: I can't believe your oncologist isn't available to you for a phone consult right now. Just being told you can or not... that's unacceptable. I guess the lesson for the newbies is to go to the trouble at the beginning to get a doc one can work with, and who will do some extra work with you when needed. I'll be in Dallas Monday morning and can take the afternoon to get you to your doc. I'd be glad to! Just let me know if you want. I'm a really safe driver. :-)

Joy: I love your spirit! I can hear the way you are able to really live. That will be a model for your kids all their lives, even if the 18 y.o. doesn't realize it yet. And wondering the "what if's" about the last year vs. chemo? I so get it. I'm glad you don't go far down that path -- look what you did with your time! Now, if you'd stayed home and cleaned house....

Gentle hugs to you! I vote for you getting to your June events, LOL, will talk to the guy upstairs about it.

Theresa

DaniMags
Facebook Username: Dani Johnson Magnuson

Postby DaniMags » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:00 pm

It seems though Laura is having a tough time and is asking for prayers for strength. Her family is with her.

I just wanted to pass it along to her friends here. She could use all your prayers.

Dani
DX 12/09 St IIIC
1/10-6/10 FOLFOX
9/11 mets omentum/abd; 10/11 FOLFOX/Erb
1/12 Alimta/Herc
3/12 mets to liver -FOLFOX/Erb
5/12 FOLFIRI/Erb
8/12 FOLFIRI/Avastin, 1/13-Temodar/Avastin
3/13 widespread progr inc. lungs
4/13 - Stivarga (failed)

Hapa

Postby Hapa » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Praying for Laura & her family....

Dh stage 3 rc
DH Stage 3 RC

vickitwo

Postby vickitwo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Yellowbird, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad to hear that you are enjoying life's simple pleasures,
Vicki

DH Dx 1/2012 @ age 52
stage IV CC
transverse colon,omentum, cecum,liver,lungs,L5
9 rounds of Folfox, Avastin,
5FU/Leucovorin/Avastin
radiation tx to L5 and hips
Folfiri/Zaltrap
12/13/13 Folfox/Avastin
1/4/2014 passed away @ Hospice House- age 54

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”