I CUT MY FINGER... because of this cancer .... terrible pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Maia

Re: I CUT MY FINGER... because of this cancer .... terrible

Postby Maia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 am

Skypup wrote:Any chance we can quit responding to these posts and just let them disappear? (...) Please make it go away!

I'm so sorry you're stressed over this. So deeply sorry for all stressed about this, both sides, if we can consider there are two sides in this.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

There is a tool, in the User Control Panel, that might be useful at this point: ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes It allows one to manage users which will be ignored by default ("Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."). You can turn it on/off anytime you wish.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

disco nap

Postby disco nap » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 am

Maia wrote:
Skypup wrote:Any chance we can quit responding to these posts and just let them disappear? (...) Please make it go away!

I'm so sorry you're stressed over this. So deeply sorry for all stressed about this, both sides, if we can consider there are two sides in this.

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

There is a tool, in the User Control Panel, that might be useful at this point: ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes It allows one to manage users which will be ignored by default ("Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."). You can turn it on/off anytime you wish.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

The one small problem is, if the "foe" starts a new thread you can still see the opening headline which - in this case - is enough to inflame people so users can never be totally ignored. I've had Fede on block for a very long time and still get the blaring headlines.

Even if I innocently open a non-Fede thread, often he'll make a post (which I don't see) and then people start to flame him (which I do see.)

No escape.
DX July 2 '10 CC Stage IIIC, 11/18 nodes+
Right Hemi July 6 '10
Folfox: Aug 17'10 - Feb 17'11
Mar 2012: Lynch Syndrome MLH1
"Declared well" and been well ever since.
Update: Jan 2023 - still NED.

Maia

Postby Maia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 am

I'm aware of that, disco. Still, I think that would be useful for a portion of the board users and thought that maybe some don't know about it, that's why I mentioned it. : )

BagLady

Postby BagLady » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:43 am

Life is too short for this inane bickering. I try to keep quiet and not get involved, but lately all the drama surround Fede is getting ridiculous. Those of you who downplay how he feels: what gives you the right? We all know that having cancer, being a caregiver, family member, friend, can be overwhelming. Yes, we go through chemo, numerous operations, etc., but how dare you attack someone's post (however outrageous you find it) and turn it into "it's all about me" fiasco. And insisting he give an update of his father? Outrageous - it is his choice to divulge such information. Every person who posts on this forum deserves respect - if you can't give that, I suggest you do as Maia offered, block, or just tab past posts. As far as changing his sig because "newbies" might think he has some knowledge (sorry, paraphrasing here), who cares? Anyone who directly takes information from a forum without taking said information to their doctor first needs their own head checked. I don't think you have to worry about the newbies, they tend to test the water here, get spanked, and leave.

Fede, I hope your father is doing well and I'm ashamed to see such immature and demeaning remarks directed at you. Alas, it seems to be the way of this board at times.

Lastly, I wish for everyone here health and longevity and a cupful of compassion toward others.
32 yo, dx 05/11 Stage IIIC
LAR 09/11 w/ileo
Reversal 05/12
CT 09/12 Mets to Brain

jjlist

Postby jjlist » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:42 am

I miss Gaelan
age 56
11/16/09 DIAG low rectal tumor ST II T3N0M0
12/21/09 chemopump radiation
3/18/10 suregry colo-anal anastomosis, no nodes,.
4/29/10 Abcess infection
6/3/10 started 12 folfox sessions completed 10.
1/11/11 ileostomy takedown

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 am

Fede wrote:Hi everybody

I have a terrible problem, imagine with one less finger what my grammar awful and my poor rhetoric English , my teacher will not be happy... incredible I cut my finger while I was preparing my pizza...... :( :( not sure what i have to stop my blood and terrible pain...it is all due to the f....cancer because of I was thinking in it... my far cousin was all evening asking me about cancer... and it destroyed my little mind... now I will be in this mode for some days, so I will try to write in the best manner I can... ..

A big kiss for everybody and sorry if somebody can not read me for some days.

Fede :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey Fede, I understand! Some days I'm so messed up thinking about cancer that I get myself in awful situations. We're not careful and accidents happen.

Suggestion! Do you have Microsoft Word on your computer? You could type your posts there and allow spell check to suggest proper spelling and even grammar so you won't have to worry about that anymore. My mother can't type and just got a computer so I've got her doing that.

Here's a kiss for your boo boo and keep it bandaged up tight! Big hug for your Dad, too.

Diane (who banged my head TWICE today on the fridge door handle while not paying attention)
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

SoConfused

Postby SoConfused » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:57 am

crazymotherof8 wrote:I am so deeply saddened about how this thread has gone. I am sorry that Fede keeps getting attacked. I, as have many others, vented on this club about how cancer is affecting our lives and I have never seen someone so utterly shredded to pieces for this. Does many of your comments mean that because I don't have stage IV cancer I cannot complain/vent about how it is affecting me? I thought that was what this forum was for.....being able to share how this journey is affecting ALL of us. Why cannot thoughts of cancer cause someone to not concentrate and accidentally cut their finger?? I just don't get why all the anger directed at Fede. I understand completely if he decides to leave, I certainly couldn't stay in such a caustic environment. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I agree ... this forum is intended to provide support and information for BOTH patients and caregivers. Who are we to decide whose pain and/or suffering is justified and/or big enough and/or real enough to warrant a post on this board? We don't live in each other's shoes - and we don't know each other's circumstances. I find myself increasingly consumed by my cancer diagnosis - and can easily relate to posts about pre-occupation with cancer and accidents related thereto.

Let's be kind. Sure, there are varying degrees of pain, but one thing is for sure, we are ALL suffering on this board.

Fede - I hope your finger has healed completely.
Stage IV CC

annalexandria

Postby annalexandria » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:31 pm

A user at a political site for Dems that I frequent has, as her sig line, "Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?". These are her standards for posting. If the answer to any one of these questions happens to be "no", then she doesn't post. It's something to think about, especially the kindness bit. The world really needs a lot more kindness, not less, imo. Ann Alexandria
Mom, librarian
Dx age 43, Sept. '09, Stage IV Carcinosarcoma of the colon
5 surgeries, 2009-2011:
colon/sm. bowel res., node removal, peritoneum, hysterectomy
FOLFOX/Avastin Feb.'10-Aug '10
Carbo-Taxol Dec. '10-Feb. 2011
NED since Dec. 2011.

kims
Facebook Username: ksegers

Postby kims » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:49 pm

"Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?"

Amen
47 YOA
11/08 stage 2 breast cancer
completed chemo 6/09
diagnosed 1/11 stage 3B CC
4 rounds FOLFOX followed by 6 rounds Xeloda
completed 9/11
Pet scan 10/11 - NED
CT Scan 1/12, 4/12; 11/12 - NED
7/13 - recurrence - 1cm lesion left lung; VATS 7/13

mm66ny

Postby mm66ny » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 pm

I made a comment earlier on this thread saying "come on, you just cut your finger."

I take it back. That was judgmental of me, Fede. I'll admit, I don't understand half of what you say and I have a hard time reading your posts because of the language barrier, but I will defend your right to post them.
Dx RC, T3N1M0, Feb. 2009
LAR, Ileostomy June 2009
12 Folfox tx
Ileostomy takedown Jan. 2010
June 2014 five years NED
Age 48
married w/7 children
Generally irresponsible

jjlist

Postby jjlist » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 pm

The Colon Club is a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness of colorectal cancer in out-of-the-box ways.
Our goals are to educate as many people as possible, as early as possible, about the risk factors and symptoms of colorectal cancer, and for people to get screened when it's appropriate for them. Please check out our crazy projects, and visit our message board to read about other survivors, ask questions, share and connect.

These are my thoughts on this topic:
Is Fede raising awareness of colorectal cancer in his post? no.
Is Fede educating as many people as possible as early as possible, about the risk factors and symptoms of colorectal cancer, and for people to get screened when it's appropriate for them? no.
Did Fede visit our message board to read about other survivors, ask questions, share and connect? no. although I can see that answer being debatable for this topic,

When one posts on a board. They will be commented upon both positively and negatively. That’s a fact of life.
This is an open forum. If someone doesn’t like a reading a negative comment about someone , I suggest they either grow a thicker skin or go somewhere else.
I am tired of hearing a comment about what should be said and shouldnt be said by anyone other than the poster

So here’s my negative comment.
Fede, it comes across as a little whiney and immature to me that you have cut your finger and then announcing it on Colon Club to the posters here that have been through hell and back and to the other posters here who are currently living in colon cancer hell.
age 56
11/16/09 DIAG low rectal tumor ST II T3N0M0
12/21/09 chemopump radiation
3/18/10 suregry colo-anal anastomosis, no nodes,.
4/29/10 Abcess infection
6/3/10 started 12 folfox sessions completed 10.
1/11/11 ileostomy takedown

vickitwo

Postby vickitwo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:21 pm

I agree with the posts of Baglady, Diane T, Annalexandria, soConfused, kims, mm66ny, Laura and other similar posts. Some of the replys to Fede do seem like personal attacks to me. I would think that it would make newbies shy about joining this forum lest they be judged or attacked for their genuine feelings, fears, interests etc, whatever that may be. That has certainly been my feelings reading some of these posts. We are all going thur some difficult circumstances and need a soft place to fall. People come to this site for a variety of personal reasons. Unless people are personally attacking someone else or are grossly inappropriate, I would not like to see censorship. Everyone can take what they want and leave the rest. Hopefully, that way, everyone can get what they seek here. What I got from Fede's post was that as a caregiver, cancer can take over your mind with all sorts of worry and anxiety and cause you to be distracted. I don't think it was meant to minimize or offend anyone.
Also, I want to add that even though it may be unlikely that there will be a cure for my husband's CC, I do want to have that hope that there is a cure on the horizon. I want anyone, everyone to please be searching for that cure.
Vicki

DH Dx 1/2012 @ age 52
stage IV CC
transverse colon,omentum, cecum,liver,lungs,L5
9 rounds of Folfox, Avastin,
5FU/Leucovorin/Avastin
radiation tx to L5 and hips
Folfiri/Zaltrap
12/13/13 Folfox/Avastin
1/4/2014 passed away @ Hospice House- age 54

Lara239

Postby Lara239 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm

vickitwo wrote:I agree with the posts of Baglady, Diane T, Annalexandria, soConfused, kims, mm66ny, Laura and other similar posts. Some of the replys to Fede do seem like personal attacks to me. I would think that it would make newbies shy about joining this forum lest they be judged or attacked for their genuine feelings, fears, interests etc, whatever that may be. That has certainly been my feelings reading some of these posts. We are all going thur some difficult circumstances and need a soft place to fall. People come to this site for a variety of personal reasons. Unless people are personally attacking someone else or are grossly inappropriate, I would not like to see censorship. Everyone can take what they want and leave the rest. Hopefully, that way, everyone can get what they seek here. What I got from Fede's post was that as a caregiver, cancer can take over your mind with all sorts of worry and anxiety and cause you to be distracted. I don't think it was meant to minimize or offend anyone.
Also, I want to add that even though it may be unlikely that there will be a cure for my husband's CC, I do want to have that hope that there is a cure on the horizon. I want anyone, everyone to please be searching for that cure.

Amen sister! :D
wife of DH (age 41) DX 8/3/2012 with 10 cm tumor in decending colon
pre-surgery CEA 4.4, no spread to other organs
8/22 - resection DX stage 3c 9/44 positive nodes
10/3/2012 CEA 1.3
Lynch test negative, tumor IS MSI-H
Folfox 10/3/2012 w/Yance protocol

karin
Facebook Username: Karin Tobin Fagner

Postby karin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:11 pm

I agree with Bag Lady

Plus, those of you who are arguing with Fede, WTH? The guy has a language barrier, thinks so tangentially based on what spills onto the keyboard that there's no telling where his mind is, and is just all the way out on the fringe, why worry yourself with this? Stop being offended, really, who cares?? Don't read the thread. If the title offends report to moderator then get over it. You've all got each other on this board, talk behind his back if necessary. He's just spilling his thoughts, it's not directed at you. There's no reason for this.
Karin
BFF dx'd June09 w CRC & peritoneal mucinous carcinomatosis @ age 40
She beat cancer for 20 months!

clarabelle64
Facebook Username: claire beaumont

Postby clarabelle64 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Can hardly believe what has been written here........for God's sake people simmer down.......
Clarabelle
Clarabelle, Mother of Deborah who has CC with mets to liver + lungs.
Has been on Folfiri then 5FU + Oxi
Lung Mets progressed
Currently on Intravenous Vit C + diet + supplements
My darling girl passed away 18.8.2011

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”