I CUT MY FINGER... because of this cancer .... terrible pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Fede

Re: I CUT MY FINGER... because of this cancer .... terrible

Postby Fede » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi, hannahw

I thought two wasys to answer you, the first, was answer you what I think about u...., but I have a terrible pain in my finger, taking a lot of NSaids, inclusive a bit of naproxen (inhibitor cox 2 against not selective for my inflammaation), and the second... easier... read the whole STORY ABOUT THE VENEZUELA PRESIDENT CHAVEZ (la habanna treatment, Cuba) and you can wait and see... and it will be my same answer for you. :wink:

Thanks for all the support I have reciieved. I ll trying to write better. but diffibcult with 1 hand.

A huge hug ofr everything.

Fede

hannahw

Postby hannahw » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:58 pm

I thought two wasys to answer you, the first, was answer you what I think about u

If you want to spend all your time hating people and things, that's your loss. So many people on this board have invested their time trying to encourage you to adopt a healthier attitude and you claim to be interested in all opinions, but I think the truth is you want people to praise you and nothing more. I say my piece out of concern for you. I've been a caregiver for almost a decade so I know the ups and downs of it. You certainly do not have the corner on the market of tough times, although you seem to think you do. If you chose to spend your energy hating people who disagree with you, and lamenting how hard you have it, you're just limiting the energy you have to spend on things that are productive.

read the whole STORY ABOUT THE VENEZUELA PRESIDENT CHAVEZ

I know the story. It is what it is. And you chose to act how you chose to act.

Ending your posts with comments about hugs and kisses for all seems rather disingenuous when you are filled with so much anger and hate.
Daughter of Dad with Stage IV CC

Fede

Postby Fede » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Wow thanks for the rating you give hannaw... really thank, but I am not interesting like you in cheap gossip or politics I amm workgging here, you love it, you have a lot of time to bother me.

My anger if part of my fuel to reach new targgets, if you do not like => I repeat not look for me posts (if they are alll bad posts), you follow me everywhere, do not you realize that you do not interest me? I have already an American girlfriend, PLEASE you are committing myself.
And I repeat again, you love politics or cheap gossip here, in eachH of my post you ARe stuck disturbing my patience.

If you know the story of President Chavez I'm glad for you, I'm going to give you the same answer at you when he arrives at the airportt of Maiqueitia - Caracas - Venezuela.
I really thank my friend Frances who always helps me, you should learn to respect people instead of bother in all threads I write.
we work hard for the people :wink:

Thaank my finger is now with more ice for u...

Fede

alphagam
Facebook Username: Kathy Maine Ruess

Postby alphagam » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Last edited by alphagam on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dx Feb 2010 4 cm tumor, just inside rectum
EUS stated T3 tumor
2nd opinion, need better path
Mar 2010 transanal surgery. Surgery by board certified CRS found tumor only in lining
6 exams of surg site, 3 PET, 3 scopes laterNED.
Scope in Mar2015, clean colon
Next scope/test in 3 years

Buffy61

Postby Buffy61 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Fede....how is your father doing?
Many have enquired about him and you fail to answer.
Seems to me you may need some professional help to help you manage your anger about your FATHERs cancer!
You cut your finger...suck it up! :D

LurkingWife

Postby LurkingWife » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Yikes at some of the comments being tossed around in this thread! We are so hard on Fede supposedly for his anger, we should try to help him by setting a better example ourselves. :wink:

While overly dramatic, I understand what you're trying to communicate, Fede. Cancer creeps up on us in the most mundane moments, distracts us, and compromises us emotionally. We have to find a reasonable outlet to "vent" these feelings before they overflow with pressure! Could save us some nasty finger cuts and ruined pizza :shock:

Fede

Postby Fede » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Buffy61 wrote:Fede....how is your father doing?
Many have enquired about him and you fail to answer.
Seems to me you may need some professional help to help you manage your anger about your FATHERs cancer!
You cut your finger...suck it up! :D

Thanks I did not need help now, Frances is managing a new treatment so we are looking how to improve it, unfortunately it is not allow for the FDA and ASCO that it is an ASCO (so I can not post here new updatest... you are requesting about our group of patients, you should ask and review my lastest post andd see why it happened???
In the lastest time "some" people were bothered by our teamwork comments about the FDA and ASCO and this dirty business I hate with all my soul, so Frances as the Team leader want to keep it saveed. by a group of people ALL PEOPLE will not get a benefit, I hate it, but we can not work all day during weeks of research and a GROUP ... bothering in ours posts... Lea is so angry too.
She is so so angry with some guys here.
It is a pitty because of it is place for work, and not for the cheap gossip, unfortunately I have wrotten a lot of posts and they continue into the box...NOBOBY except Maia and Lauretta answered it.

Respec to my last professional (doc) who was analyzing my mind, poor man he had finished crazy ... :D :D ,

In ourt teeam where "Frances is the the teamleader" she is managing the treatments of a big group of patients, working with La Habanna - and some docs and oncs there.
We are in permanent contact with Venezuela Group of Docs working hard, so since the La Habanna - Cuba.

Here some info I posted and nobody were insterested =>inhibitors cox 2, inmunommodulators, inflammation, hyperbaric oxygen, and sugar levels.

Janus kinase 2 Inhibitor

AG490 is a specific and potent inhibitor of the Janus kinase 2 protein (JAK2) [1]. JAK2 regulates the phosphorylation of JNK, primarily through PI3K. It has been established that JAK2 plays an important role in TLR-mediated biological responses, blocking TLR4-mediated responses to LPS [2,3] and TLR5-mediated responses to flagellin [4]. JAK2 is also involved in cytokine signaling, such as IL-2, IL-6 and IL-12.

Thanks for your answers, now my problem is that I have a terrible pain in my finger due to a new bleeding. :(

Fede :wink:

momomx3
Facebook Username: cindyremmert

Postby momomx3 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:19 pm

I find this post to be incredibly insensitive to all the individuals that are truly suffering from cancer physically, emotionally or financially.
I hope everything pray for me because this s...t.. disease is destroying my poor life and now my finger

Really? The disease is destroying your poor life and now your finger? How about your father? What is the disease doing to his life?

To be so overly dramatic about a cut finger on a forum dedicated to those of us that have or currently are going through the fight of our lives to beat this "s..t.. disease" is so over the top, I almost don't have words. As many have mentioned, I don't have to read the posts; however, as a member of the "club" for which this site was created, I think that posters should be aware of how an overly dramatic post will affect the actual sufferers of this disease and all the "gifts" that come along with it.

Additionally, in interest of full disclosure, I think your signature should identify your father as the CRC survivor.
Cindy, mom of 3, 49 yo
Dx 7/9/10 RC, stage ??, at age 43
Transanal excision - 8/16/10
APR surgery - 11/10/10, Stage IIIc RC, perm colostomy
4 rounds FOLFOX - 12/3/10
28 rounds Radiation - 2/11
4 rounds FOLFOX - 3/11
CT Scan - 7/12 - NED!!!

mm66ny

Postby mm66ny » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Dude, you cut your finger. Come on.
Dx RC, T3N1M0, Feb. 2009
LAR, Ileostomy June 2009
12 Folfox tx
Ileostomy takedown Jan. 2010
June 2014 five years NED
Age 48
married w/7 children
Generally irresponsible

simon031003

Postby simon031003 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:04 pm

I hardly ever post to these threads, but this one cut me to the core. My husban suffers pain every hour of every day from this STUPID cancer and yes I mean FROM the cancer. Until you have gone through surgery and chemo and all the other treatments these courageous fighters have been through, we can't even begin to imagine. I see him in agonizing pain, and I could only wish he cut his finger. He will DIE from this as will your father. I worry myself sick over how he is feeling both emotionally and physically. It is hard being a caregiver BUT we love them and stand by them through the good bad and ugly.

Fede, I have never spoken bad of you or to you. This is not meant to be a bashing post, but the warriors here deserve respect for their fight. Blaming a cut finger on cancer on a cancer support board is rather insensitive to them.
Michelle wife of Esteban
T3N1M0 12/31/10
Folfox 2/22/11
9/19/2011 confirmed cancerous lymph nodes via biopsy; started FOLFIRI with Avastian turned into FOLFIRI with Ebritux now FOLFIRI w Vectibux 12/12 mets to liver and pancreas
2/17/13 resting in Heaven

KimT

Postby KimT » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Clearly people have a problem with Fede. Grow up and don't read his threads. I don't understand why people feel the need to post nasty stuff. You don't have to open his threads. I haven't seen this level of bullying on any message board I've ever belonged to.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

hannahw

Postby hannahw » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 pm

I have to disagree with characterizing any of the negative comments as "bullying". Bullying implies intimidation. I don't see that happening here. People are expressing a difference of opinion in an emotional environment. I'll be the first to say that caregivers have a tough road. And it bothers me sometimes when patients minimize what caregivers go through or feel like everything pales in comparison to cancer. One of the most challenging parts of being caregiver is that the cancer often trumps all, leaving the caregiver with very little opportunity to have their own anxieties, frustrations, etc. Still, a little perspective is in order: cut finger < cancer.

However, I do think avoiding threads you know are going to provoke you is good advise. I knew from the title of the thread I should not get involved. And I did anyway. My bad. I will say though, my comments come from a genuine place of concern as I feel Fede's tone has changed markedly since he began posting on this board, and not in a good way. I understand people wanting to vent on this board and that's great, but all this pent up rage and blame seems dangerous to me. If it's not dangerous, my mistake. But as a caregiver, I worry for both the patient and the caregiver when the caregiver seems to be nearing the edge. It is not uncommon for caregivers to make themselves sick when they don't take care of themselves. The comments Fede makes have many of the hallmarks of a caregiver who isn't taking care of himself. Caregivers can martyr themselves, but in the end, that's of no benefit to anyone.
Daughter of Dad with Stage IV CC

JerseyGirl

Postby JerseyGirl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 pm

WOW!!! Really???? :shock:

Just when I think his posts can't be any more ridiculous....

I know I can avoid his threads and such, but being a stage 4 etc...I have to admit that reading these get my mind off cancer for a few minutes. Not a compliment, just a statement :wink:

But seriously, wow.
Diagnosed Nov. 11' Stage 4 @ Age 30
9/40 nodes, 3 liver tumors
Colon Resection 12/11
Liver Resection 2/12
FOLFOX + Avastin for 12 rounds
Cancer back a few months after chemo ended:(
Inoperable/Chemo for life
KRAS Mutant and allergic to Irronitican

jenniejojjr

Postby jenniejojjr » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:54 pm

I agree with some of the others, Fede you need professional help to deal with the hatred you spew on cc so frequently. I'll trade you a finger cut for my stage 4 any day. That you would blame cancer for carelessness on your part is laughable, and insulting to those of us who will die of our disease. We all wish cancer didn't exist. However,part of becoming an adult is acknowledging and accepting that bad things happen to everyone eventually, and alot of times they happen sooner than we would like. All over the world terrible things are happening to people all the time. We are not unique, or specially chosen for tragety. Dying of causes other than cancer-CHF,COPD, crippling strokes, alzhiemers, disabling accidents, AIDS, MS, those are no picnic either. I'm am a RN and I will tell you again, medical professionals, researchers, phamacutical employees all get cancer, and we are not hiding "the cure". We all want a cure for cancer, but some of us realize that such a complex disease has no easy solution.

Lara239

Postby Lara239 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:13 pm

KimT wrote:Clearly people have a problem with Fede. Grow up and don't read his threads. I don't understand why people feel the need to post nasty stuff. You don't have to open his threads. I haven't seen this level of bullying on any message board I've ever belonged to.

Yea, MAJOR level of bullying going on here. It is ridonkulous! First of all, Fede's post was meant to to be a joke....like he was KIDDING guys...come on, grow a sense of humor. He cut his finger because he was stressed about cancer so he was laughing about it, the post was meant to lighten things up on this VERY serious forum. Then along comes the typical "gang" to bash/bully with all their fun remarks (disguised at "concern" for his mental state). It is like a tag team...it is kinda sad.
There is a bright beautiful world out there besides this forum. It is nice.....I think that everyone just needs to take a breathe, step back from their computers and go for a walk, eat something, sleep, shopping, watch TV, talk to a loved one. Some people spend FAR too much time on this site and need a wake up call (and a sense of humor). There are NO rules for signatures on this site so stop trying to bully him on this as well. That is just stupid. Some people dont even have signatures. Pick on somebody else, okay? Or are you guys just bored?
And btw, for those that are offended that he is complainig about a hurt finger. Again, he was JOKING. Lighten up! I laughed when is saw this post because since my husband was diagnosed I have done the following: cut many fingers while cooking, burned MANY fingers while cooking, run into my garage wall FOUR times with my car by accident (I drive a huge car and cannot see over the hood...and add that to my complete spaciness the last 6 months), almost electricuted myself with my hairdryer (another long story), tripped while walking my dogs and landed on my face...literally....and so on ...you get the picture. I am a caregiver and a MESS! Being a caregiver is not easy but sometimes we have to LAUGH at ourselves because it is easier than being so anxious all the time....and THAT is what Fede was trying to do.
Laughter is sometimes the BEST medicine. You guys should really try it more.
wife of DH (age 41) DX 8/3/2012 with 10 cm tumor in decending colon
pre-surgery CEA 4.4, no spread to other organs
8/22 - resection DX stage 3c 9/44 positive nodes
10/3/2012 CEA 1.3
Lynch test negative, tumor IS MSI-H
Folfox 10/3/2012 w/Yance protocol

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”