How about a club project?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

How about a club project?

Postby Holly » Wed May 03, 2006 12:08 pm

I could use some help from my friends here at the Colon Club...

I was talking to my dear friend Nancy on the phone this morning. She told me about this contest and I thought to myself "This would be a fun Colon Club Project." I forwarded the info to Molly and she recommended that I post on the forum. So here I am....

This is the information:

Snapshot of Survival: Art Exhibition and Contest for People Living with Colorectal Cancer and Their Families and Friends

Snapshot of Survival is a national art exhibition, conducted by Gilda's Club Worldwide and sponsored by sanofi-aventis. Snapshot of Survival was created to highlight the widespread impact of colorectal cancer and triumph over the disease.

Snapshot of Survival invites people living with colorectal cancer and their families and friends to express cancer survival through art. Submissions should address, discuss or represent the participant's vision of cancer survivorship.

Selected artwork will be displayed in an exhibition in New York City and included in a traveling exhibition to select cancer centers nationwide.

Please download the Snapshot of Survival - Call For Entries for more information. Deadline for submissions is May 31, 2006.

Aside from being therapeutic, I think it would be an excellent way for us to express our survivorship in a positive, fulfilling and meaningful way...

Ideas...Ideas...Ideas...

Lots of hugs!

Holly

p.s. Thank you Nanc.

cynnycal

Postby cynnycal » Wed May 03, 2006 12:43 pm

holly,
i just picked up the brochure for this when i went to the gilda's club meeting here.
they actually had a snapshot of survival weekly meeting at the club where every saturday for the past month or so people can meet and work on art together.
i only just found out about it so i missed all the sessions, and the last one is this saturday and i'll be working, but it immediately caught my attention b/c i'm an artist, and i've fallen outta doing any art lately...been to caught up with other stuff, but i want to pull out all my old supplies and get back into it, and when i saw this i thougth it was a sign...
the deadline is too soon for me i think though...although it's also open to friends and family of those affected by colorectal cancer, and so some friends of mine might enter.
i think it's a great idea though. hopefully it'll happen again sometime.
becca

sue kidera

art

Postby sue kidera » Thu May 04, 2006 11:34 am

Hey Cyn and Hollie,
I am an artist too and I thought I would pass along this info since the deadline for this one is so close. The Lily Co. (a drug Co that makes chemo drugs) has a similar program but it is an international competition.

Deadline is July 31. e-mail to chernewski@earthlink.net

Ask at your oncologists office if they have a catalogue. Some of the work is stunning...Sue

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu May 04, 2006 11:37 am

Sue,

Do you have more info on the project by Lily?

As an artist would love some help. I think these projects sound like therapeutic and excellent ways to express our survivorship!

Hugs!

Holly

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu May 04, 2006 11:44 am

Thank you Sue and Cynnical!

Holly

sue kidera

lily show

Postby sue kidera » Thu May 04, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi Holly,
Here is a website for the exhibition. You can find some images there
http://www.lillyoncology.com/oncology_c ... canvas.jsp

A narrative is required also. Mine is posted on the colon club on Mollys post: "What has changed since your dx"

Let me know if you decide to enter. I would love to see your work!! Sue

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”