Newbie !

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cheflouis

Newbie !

Postby cheflouis » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:59 pm

Hello!

I was encouraged to sign on by your colondar model, Amy from San Jose!

On June 28th, shortly after my 43rd birthday I went in to the hospital with indigestion that wouldn't go away. 4 Hours and two chest x-rays later, I was introduced to the colo/rectal surgeon. After seeing my test results he was 90% sure I had colon cancer. There is no history of Cancer in my family.

Within the next 5 days I had my first colonoscopy and my first surgical experience. The doctor took out a softball sized tumor along with 70% of my colon, but had to leave a little of the tumor due to the location of arteries and stuff.

Needless to say this has been a life changing experience for my whole family.

Tomorrow I will be completing my 4th of 12 chemo sessions. I must say having my family to support me and a great friend in Amy to talk to has been a real support.

I will beat this and I thank God everyday for allowing me to fight the good fight. Through this I have had some very positive experiences that have helped me through the tough times.

Thanks for the forum...

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:35 pm

Thanks for posting your story...and keep smiling! That's the best way to get through it!!!

Holly

Postby Holly » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:24 pm

Welcome to the Colon Club! Congratulations on your SURVIVORSHIP! I am a stage IV colon cancer survivor and currently have no evidence of disease and am grateful every minute! I want you to know that ALL things are possible and hope that through this forum that you find strength, hope and inspiration! Please know that you are in my prayers and hope that you will continue to keep us updated! Don't forget to smile :lol: God bless!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”