Orange Poop ...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
srgflnt

Re: Orange Poop ...

Postby srgflnt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Hey this is hilarious but I have had this problem for like 2 weeks now! I had pain just under the ribs to the right for like 15 hours and the doc was thinking probably gallbladder (they ruled out heart by tests) can a gallbladder problem cause orange color? :oops:

MitchellVII

Postby MitchellVII » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:17 pm

I don't know, but he better check your liver because orange poop is clear sign of liver trouble.
Stage IIA CRC Dx 03/08
Full right colectomy with 32 Lymph Nodes removed
Tumor 6 cm long by 2 cm thick in right ascending colon, 1/2 villous adenoma
MSI-High (MLH-1 indicated)
Factor V Leiden (Blood Clotting)
NED (as far as I know)

willtowin

Postby willtowin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:30 pm

srgflnt wrote:Hey this is hilarious but I have had this problem for like 2 weeks now! I had pain just under the ribs to the right for like 15 hours and the doc was thinking probably gallbladder (they ruled out heart by tests) can a gallbladder problem cause orange color? :oops:

I haven't been told so by a dr. , but I have it some and I recently had a gallbladder attack, and ultrasound showed stones. I notice I have some orange after a semi-fatty meal. Try eating low fat if you are having gallbladder problems. let me know what you find out. I hope it isn't liver problems, none were indicated on my ct during the attack or the ultrasound.
Stage 1 -4-25-08 (lymphovascular invasion)
poorly diff
Hnpcc negative
TAH/BSO 5-08
Folfox COMPLETED 12-26-08
NED as of 12-09
gallbladder removed 3-09
appendectomy 11-2012
1-2013 FNH of liver, or Adenoma
44 year old mom to 3-10, 11 & 14

sandym

Postby sandym » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:44 pm

All right I have to get in on this one. My poo has ranged in colors from beet red during a chemo session ( the nurse actually came in the bathroom, checked it out, made me poo in a hat thingy and no blood--it was from eating raw beet salad and beet chips) and I frequently have green poo from too many green veggies and the fact that chemo causes bacteria to act funny in the intestinal tract and stool passes to quickly. I did have white to cream colored poo right before they found cancer in my liver, but that is all stablized and gone now. Orange poo from carrots and carrot juice and also some of the suppliments and meds I take. So brown poo is out, I very seldom have normal poo but the docs don't seem too worried about it unless it stays white or clay-colored which means the liver bliirubin levels are out of whack and the liver is not working good. It is funny because I just discussed this with the docs at MD Anderson last week and again today with my local oncologist. Who would ever thnk we would discuss poo on the internet-LOL!
43 Year Old Female/Mom/Wife
Colon Resection/Hysterctomy Oct 08/2 Ports Surgeries
Folfox/Folfiri/Cisplatin/Irinotecan/Xeloda
Who knows what now?

MitchellVII

Postby MitchellVII » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:07 pm

I think I read that your poop is kind of yellowish in your small intestine. Then when it passes through your colon, it turns brown as it mixes with bile from your liver. The bile makes it brown. If there isn't enough bill because your liver is broken, it can leave your pooh orange.

I think that's how it works.
Stage IIA CRC Dx 03/08
Full right colectomy with 32 Lymph Nodes removed
Tumor 6 cm long by 2 cm thick in right ascending colon, 1/2 villous adenoma
MSI-High (MLH-1 indicated)
Factor V Leiden (Blood Clotting)
NED (as far as I know)

feistyterrier

Postby feistyterrier » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 am

Serious question maybe you all can help.

My mum in law died tues and I was not ill at all. 10 hours later I had a 103* and diarrhea so bad it was like I was peeing(the stress of her death I persume). I am still ill and here is my question.

What would cause my poop to be bright orange...and I do mean bright for poop that is. It looks like orange baby food with red specks.

I am a healthy person so this is odd to me.

Thank you for your time and my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”