Oxiplatin and muscle pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Billy

Oxiplatin and muscle pain

Postby Billy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:06 pm

Has anyone experienced muscle pain from Oxiplatin? As soon as I had my first dose, I had some muscle soreness at the bottoms of both calves. This last round, I had severe muscle pain throughout both legs, lasting over two weeks. It’s probably just me, because I can never do anything the easy way.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

http://billyscolon.blogspot.com

Wow

Postby guest » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:33 pm

Billy,

Not just you silly. I can't think of one thing that did not ache when I was in chemotherapy. Had sharp pain in my right calf and it was determined that I had DVT.

Keep smiling and kicking a little cancer A#$!

Hugs!

Holly

pain

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:45 pm

Billy,
I have muscle pain each time in my upper thighs that lasts for two days. I have come to think it is the oxalyplatin because I have had 2 dose reductions and the pain has reduced after each one.

Tallgirl_5_11

Postby Tallgirl_5_11 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:35 pm

Hi Billy,
I had muscle pain in my calves and my arms. It was so bad after my second treatment I could not walk. My oncologist decreased my dosage by 20% and I had no more muscle pain.
Good luck,
Lynn

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue May 02, 2006 4:28 pm

Billy,

How are you feeling? I hope that you pain has subsided and that you have found a remedy!

Keep kicking alittle cancer A@#! Can't wait to get the post chemo party started!

Hugs!

Holly

blanca

Postby blanca » Tue May 02, 2006 7:40 pm

Hello Billy,
When I was on that treatment my legs would ache tremendously. They still do and I have been off that for a little over a month. I would just try and get as much rest as possible.

kevinlv

Glutamine

Postby kevinlv » Wed May 03, 2006 1:57 pm

Billy

Try some glutamine for you neuralga. You need a high dose 10g three times a day. My oncologist approves of it. It also helps with gi side effest too. They make a product Sympt GI 10g packets of bulk powder. It is made by Baxter www.baxternutrition.com for more information. It's hard to find, but is is available. If you have trouble contact me I own my own pharmacy and can get it. Also you can buy glutamine in health food stores, but the largest I have found is 1g capsules so you would have to take 10 3 times a day.

I'm not sure about b6 I thought it could interfere with chemotherapy.

Billy

Thanks

Postby Billy » Wed May 03, 2006 5:26 pm

Hey all,

Thanks for the comments. I'm going to talk to my onc about this before my next chemo on Monday, and it will be good to let him know that other people have had similar symptoms.

Billy
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

http://billyscolon.blogspot.com

susanbm

Oxaliplatin & pain

Postby susanbm » Tue May 09, 2006 7:04 pm

Billy, I too had leg and calf pain on my first few treatments of oxaliplatin. My doctor slowed down the infusion rate of the oxaliplatin (from 30 minutes to an hour) and that seemed to help tremendously.

Good Luck.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”