FRANCES is forbidden, I THINK ALL MUST HELP OURSELVES...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Badass

Re: FRANCES is forbidden, I THINK ALL MUST HELP OURSELVES...

Postby Badass » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Edgelic, I really hope you meant you were "done" expressing your opinion on that particular matter and not "done" with the CC forum. I would really miss you!

Jane
R.C. 12/23/11 at age 52 T3N0M0
3/1/12 completed Xeloda and radiation
5/4/12 LAR & Ileostomy
6/7/12-10/4/12 6 rounds Xelox
11/27/12 Reversal
7/13/13 1 liver met
8/13 Met resection /hai pump
4/14 Chemo completed (Irinotecan/5fu/fudr in pump)

Mojo

Postby Mojo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Generally I don't get involved, but we should all be fighting! Fighting colon/rectal cancer not each other.
colon cancer stage 3 2n0mets 2002
cancer returns march 2010
emerg brain surgery, chemo may 2010 sterotactic radiation april 2010

progression of tumors march 2011 new chemo camptosar leukovorin 5fu avastin
Kenny age 58/died 11/21/11

edgellc

Postby edgellc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Mojo wrote:Generally I don't get involved, but we should all be fighting! Fighting colon/rectal cancer not each other.

Thank God someone gets it!!!!! Startin to think I was the only one.....
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
.............EDGELLC............
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
------♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥----
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
----♥♥-♥♥----
-----♥♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
--♥♥-----♥♥--

edgellc

Postby edgellc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:48 pm

rusuja wrote:Edgelic, I really hope you meant you were "done" expressing your opinion on that particular matter and not "done" with the CC forum. I would really miss you!

Jane

No im here to stay. good or bad this is my home. I just hate that the love is dieing here :evil: :roll: :cry:
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
------♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥----
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
----♥♥-♥♥----
-----♥♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
--♥♥-----♥♥--

Badass

Postby Badass » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm

Not dying here! I love this forum! Just upset that things got so hostile between a few people. Glad you are here to stay-- me too!
R.C. 12/23/11 at age 52 T3N0M0
3/1/12 completed Xeloda and radiation
5/4/12 LAR & Ileostomy
6/7/12-10/4/12 6 rounds Xelox
11/27/12 Reversal
7/13/13 1 liver met
8/13 Met resection /hai pump
4/14 Chemo completed (Irinotecan/5fu/fudr in pump)

edgellc

Postby edgellc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm

rusuja wrote:Not dying here! I love this forum! Just upset that things got so hostile between a few people. Glad you are here to stay-- me too!

It is just so heart breaking to know that so many bright, intelligent, and just plane good people cant get along....My heart is truly heavy tonight :cry:
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
------♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥----
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
----♥♥-♥♥----
-----♥♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
--♥♥-----♥♥--

Fede

Postby Fede » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Well, I hope this post not split people fighting here, I have read all the post, I understood a lot of counterpoints have happened, but once more time, I wish the moderators give a CHANCE to the people banned, I ONLY KNOW A THING

CANCER GIVE US BANS ....WE ARE NOT SURE IF WE WANT TO GO ON LIVING WITH OUR FAMILIES, NOTHING ELSE.... ALL THE REST OF THINGS, I BELIEVE SHOULD BE SOLVED.

A HUG FOR EVERYTHING, AND I HOPE WE CAN FIGHT TOGETHER AND WE HAVE CLEAR WICH IS THE ENEMY...

NOTHING ELSE.

FEDE

edgellc

Postby edgellc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Fede wrote:Well, I hope this post not split people fighting here, I have read all the post, I understood a lot of counterpoints have happened, but once more time, I wish the moderators give a CHANCE to the people banned, I ONLY KNOW A THING

CANCER GIVE US BANS ....WE ARE NOT SURE IF WE WANT TO GO ON LIVING WITH OUR FAMILIES, NOTHING ELSE.... ALL THE REST OF THINGS, I BELIEVE SHOULD BE SOLVED.

A HUG FOR EVERYTHING, AND I HOPE WE CAN FIGHT TOGETHER AND WE HAVE CLEAR WICH IS THE ENEMY...

NOTHING ELSE.

FEDE

Querido amigo Fede,
Rezo para que no tomaste mi puesto equivocado. Yo sólo quería decir que debemos amarnos unos a otros a través de estos tiempos difíciles y estimulan entre sí para continuar la lucha. De ninguna manera yo siempre quiero que nadie se baned. Estoy molesto porque estamos discutiendo sobre esto. Somos amigos aquí en el club, Tenemos que actuar como tales.

Dear Friend Fede,
I pray that you did not take my post wrong. I only meant to say that we should be loving each other through these tough times and encouraging each other to continue the fight. By no means do I ever want anyone to be baned. I am just upset that we are arguing about this. We are friends here at the club, We need to act like it.
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
------♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥----
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
----♥♥-♥♥----
-----♥♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
--♥♥-----♥♥--

Laurettas

Postby Laurettas » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:59 am

I have been deeply saddened by what has gone on here the past couple of days. I feel close to people on both "sides" of this division and hate to see the hurtful things that are happening.

I think Fede has a very wise suggestion that we should take to heart. If we have a disagreement with someone in particular why don't we take it to a private discussion and work it out there? Taking sides in the end helps no one and often only adds fuel to the fire.

Also, I think that we need to give each other a lot of leeway in what we say at times. Many on here are on steroids and we know what they can do. We are also dealing with a lot of very difficult issues that make for high emotions and stress. Let's see if we can be charitable as much as possible and give each other the benefit of the doubt, trying to see the good in what someone is saying rather than taking offense.

As many have mentioned, we have a common enemy and need to work together to strive to overcome that enemy. Let's use our resources to support one another in this fight and not to tear each other apart. Peace to all.
DH 58 4/11 st 4 SRC CC
Lymph, peri, lung
4/11 colon res
5-10/11 FLFX, Av, FLFRI, Erb
11/11 5FU Erb
1/12 PET 2.4 Max act.
1/12 Erb
5/12 CT ext. new mets
5/12 Xlri
7/12 bad CT
8/12 5FU solo
8/12 brain met
9/12 stop tx
11/4/12 finished race,at peace

edgellc

Postby edgellc » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 am

Hey Laurettas,
I wish that I could have calmly stated this the way you so eloquently have ty for your wisdom and insightfulness.
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
------♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥----
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
----♥♥-♥♥----
-----♥♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
--♥♥-----♥♥--

las

Postby las » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 am

Mojo wrote:Generally I don't get involved, but we should all be fighting! Fighting colon/rectal cancer not each other.

I have no idea either what has been going on, but I agree with Sharon. I usually just stay out of all this anyway, but this forum doesn't have time for this kind of thing. Life is too short as we all know and what matters in then end is that we are helping everyone understand and fight this common enemy several of the members have.

Lisa
Lisa
Fiance DX 6/27/11 CC IV w/liver mets,adrenal glnd,pet.
7/25/11 folfox
8/2/11 surg.colon wall prefor.no removal of tumor
8/24/11 folfox ,3/12 5FU, 5/12 irinitecan failed, 7/12 didn't qualify regronfenib
8/13/12 Hospice, 8/18/12 married, died 9/10/2012

jacekica
Facebook Username: jasminka marout

Postby jacekica » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:41 am

I am thankful for time zone difference so I didn t read the thread. Thinking it will be too much stress for me. We all have nasty dx and we are sometimes too vulnerable, touchy, sensitive, scared and angry among other things. So it is good thread is deleted, banning - it seems to me it is not meant to be like against one person, but think that something had to be done to prevent all forum become chaotic and for future members to be careful how they put their feelings and thoughts into words. I really don t believe it is forever, just a short time (hope so). Don t know anyone and not here for long, but happy to be here because we all have just one enemy - cancer and all dissagrements can be solved through PMs. No need for offensive posts.
Think it is not the mattter what stage we are, but am sure when someon says his/her stage is IV we must consider that as a gsign of despair and fear, not meant to be pointed to lucky of us (like me). I am sure that thinking about everything is totally different dependent on stage of cancer, it is true, it is normal, when you think you are at the begining at your yourney to Heavenly Father it is not the same as I worrying about my control. Staging is not the issue, I am happy one but I can go only to work and am scared to death that I will poop in public into my pants, every meeting is additionally sressful, I can t remember when I was out except for work, and althous so lucky with staging, scared - if you see my signature you see what controls mean for me here where I live, just that what was perfect before surgery........
So please, I don t have sides, but please if something is deleted or changed don t pull it out again and again.... it can be all written without names, like a topic about banning if we have problems with decisions.
Also I read it is private forum, so it has rules which people who started it and administrated all discussions gave at the begginning-
sorry for my english - as always, must add it to my signature :oops:
Dx 2/11
surgery 5/11, T2N0MX, G2, SRC rectal ca, 22 cm removed
CT- numerous mets in abdomen - LN, 2 big ones on pancreas, one penetrated right urether. Surgery, they just take samples for PHD, 6 roundds 5FU, refuse further chemos

handicap18
Facebook Username: kyle.gendron

Postby handicap18 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 am

BrownBagger wrote:. When those rules are violated (repeatedly, despite warnings), management has to take some action. I'm sure you understand that, Fede. The banning of Frances had nothing to do with cancer. It had everything to do with civil discourse and maintaining the mission of the Colon Club. Frances crossed the line (more than once). The collective decision of the mods and the administration was that something had to be done. That's our job, like it or not (and we don't).

I was told by both member that were banned that they never received any warnings. In fact one of them said they went to you to complain about feeling they were being bullied buy another member (or two) and you told them to quit whining. The member was your friend and you would back that member no matter what.

This is very concerning about a moderator. A moderator is not supposed to take sides.

Now, the member who complained to you, after not getting any help from you then got frustrated and said some things about your friend, you then went and banned that member and another member who felt the same.

Do we have to start questioning the motivations of the mods? Are they looking out all members or just their friends.
Kyle. Male: 44
dx stage 4 RC w/mets to liver & lungs 3/29/12 - CEA 2937
1st of 15 FOLFOX 4/16/12
9/24 11 tx - CEA 12.9 10/4 CT scan - no lesions in lungs.
12/10 Rectal tumor removed
5/20/13 1st of 16 FOLFIRI
2/3/14 1st Cetuximab

BrownBagger

Postby BrownBagger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 am

Are you questioning my integrity, Kyle?

I consider everyone here a friend, until they start attacking other members, and then they're attacking my friends. That's always been my position. Around here, you can be rude, you can be dismissive and you can be condescending. One thing you can't do is launch personal attacks against other members. That's what the people who were banned did--on multiple occasions. And yes, they we're warned. "Play nice or don't play at all" may be a familiar admonition to you, since you seem to have an inside track with the banees. Over and over, they chose not to play nice.

I don't think I need to defend our actions, because the situation I just described happened in full public view on this board. People can make their own call, based on what they've seen and what they know to be true. If you think I'm the kind of jerk who would go around picking on other members and arbitrarily banning those I don't like, then I don't think you've been paying attention.

We can discuss this for as long as you like, but your banned friends are not coming back any time soon--if at all. I think you need to understand and accept that.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

pmterra

Postby pmterra » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:24 am

BrownBagger wrote:Are you questioning my integrity, Kyle?

I consider everyone here a friend, until they start attacking other members, and then they're attacking my friends. That's always been my position. Around here, you can be rude, you can be dismissive and you can be condescending. One thing you can't do is launch personal attacks against other members. That's what the people who were banned did--on multiple occasions. And yes, they we're warned. "Play nice or don't play at all" may be a familiar admonition to you, since you seem to have an inside track with the banees. Over and over, they chose not to play nice.

I don't think I need to defend our actions, because the situation I just described happened in full public view on this board. People can make their own call, based on what they've seen and what they know to be true. If you think I'm the kind of jerk who would go around picking on other members and arbitrarily banning those I don't like, then I don't think you've been paying attention.

We can discuss this for as long as you like, but your banned friends are not coming back any time soon--if at all. I think you need to understand and accept that.

This is so difficult to stay out of and I really hate to state my opinion for fear of being singled out BUT...here goes! I teach first grade and it has been my experience that when a bully is confronted and an adult has to get involed, they very rarely accept responsibility for their actions. When a consequence is handed down, you can almost always guarantee you'll hear from the parents and they will blame everyone else including the teacher. This whole thing is reminiscent of the most frustrating part of my job! The moderators didn't go looking for someone to ban and I have a hard time believing Eric would have handled a complaint the way he is being accused. I only know him by what I've read in his posts so really why would you question his integrity? I know you don't need me to stick up for you Eric but I've been in your position and it is frustrating to say the least.
caregiver to survivor husband
Stage 3C - Colon
surgery June, 2008
6 mo. chemo/FOLFOX & Avastin
June 2015 - 7 year survivor :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”