FRANCES is forbidden, I THINK ALL MUST HELP OURSELVES...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Fede

FRANCES is forbidden, I THINK ALL MUST HELP OURSELVES...

Postby Fede » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi at all,

Well, actually I'm not doing politics in these places or sites, of course my native language is Spanish, but not for that reason, I do not know what is happening.
I'll cut to the chase, Frances is my friend and today I was surprised that she is banned, I'm really surprised, is a great woman with a very high level of research, I think a person valuable.

She is registered with me and Sky the previous year at the NCI program in the States and we speak commonly by email. We have dedicated a lot of hours making research joint to Lauretta (a new friend we chat all days) and I am so sad for her husband.

I do not understand what is happening here, but at some point I think I need saying with respect and height what I really feel.

The colon club gave me a lot to me, knowledge of friends, but we had great losses and people whose FREE help me a lot, valuable person, great persons...

I learned a lot here, to the point that in my country very few guys manage so many tools and level of analysis as I drive nowadays, however it is poor in 2012. we had all a DELAY OF 20 OR 30 YEARS.

But I have to keep fighting this damn efermedad have investigated which is the business of a few murderers and thieves do believe in conspiracy theories. I'm tired of having to see people die. But I see that nobody reacts.

[b]Frances has a great line OF RESEARCH, here I am not judge or part of conflicts, BUT I AM UPSET... she has vocation knowledge and research aid, inclusive she is fighting with this disease and everybody including me, WE ARE SO ANGRY...SO I HOPE THE ADMNISTRATORS UNDERSTAND THE POINT AND GET THE BANNED OF FRANCES OUT...

Paula and Bev are also friends, so I would ask if managers can consider the situation, AND REACH ALL A POINT OF BALANCE. I don t know what really happened but I know that the Colon Club is falling the quality of all of us. AND ALL HERE NEED WORK TOGETHER SO AS TO FIGHT WITH THIS HIDDEN ENEMY.
The level of the forum I see this very low for weeks, I've posted more than 3 or 4 post, where I spent a lot of time to research and think this does not matter, then we continue with these protocols? and continue with a survival rate of 30 months for patients with stage IV?

Try to build god ...

Sorry if this post bother you, but it is my sense and I have to be FRANK. I owe all at Skyfletch, Frances, Lauretta, but I did not forget the help I have received of a lot of members here, Juliej is a love of person, she explained me a lot of thing of the HAI pump, Bev and Paula are great persons too, but I d wish that both maintain a private conversation with Frances (as far as I had to do with Gaelen or Ashlee in other times) and It CAN BE SOLVED. IT IS MY BEST WISH. :D :D :D

AND PLEASE, NO MORE TIME LOST... WE NEED TIME TO HELP... TO RESEARCH... TO REST...

Fede.

BrownBagger

Re: FRANCES is forbidden, I THINK ALL MUST HELP OURSELVES...

Postby BrownBagger » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Like any organization, we have rules of conduct that are necessary to keep the mission focused on what matters. In this case, it's support for cancer survivors and care givers. When those rules are violated (repeatedly, despite warnings), management has to take some action. I'm sure you understand that, Fede. The banning of Frances had nothing to do with cancer. It had everything to do with civil discourse and maintaining the mission of the Colon Club. Frances crossed the line (more than once). The collective decision of the mods and the administration was that something had to be done. That's our job, like it or not (and we don't).

We can debate this 'till the cows come home, but it's not going to change anything. We need to move on.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

Fede

Postby Fede » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm

O.k Brown

But we are all on board for the same target no? we are not playing here, I don t know exactly what really happened with Frances, but I am always of the idea of the best way is the dialogue, I understand the moderators position, but I think we should all adding positive things and not bad things.
I had differences with Gaelen with Ashlee, and however we could solve it talking by private mesage, the differences are part of ours lifes. I know, She has her own style, but I have my own style too, the important thing here is try to help ourselves .. no ?

A hug for you

Fede. :wink:

lepperl
Facebook Username: slep22@gmail.com

Postby lepperl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm

I agree with you Fede. I sure hope the moderators will reconsider. I hate to think of anyone as being banned. Surely we can all understand if someone got a little heated one day. For heavens sake we have all and some of our family memebers been given a possible early death sentence. That alone should allow us to forgive and give someone leeway. Besides I read through all the nastyness and it went both ways. Some people were just more eloquent in how they put things. Either way all involved were hurtful to eachother. Why is one person being singled out. And why am I letting this bother me. Because I have come to care for everyone here. Lets not forget we are in this together. All families fight sometimes but it doesn't mean you turn your back on them. Same thing here. We are in this together and I would hate for someone who needs are support to be excluded.

Lori
8/11CRC Stage 4 Nodes KRAS+ Signet Cells
10/11xelox
irinotecan
Folfiri,avastin
10/12 xeloda,avastin
"It will be said that she stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, and surely it had not, she ajusted her sails" Liz Edwards

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 pm

BrownBagger wrote:We can debate this 'till the cows come home, but it's not going to change anything. We need to move on.

I'm not moving anyplace. I think this sort of censorship is obnoxious. I was banned from the CSN CRC forum for protesting the banning of another poster for expressing her views, and if that happens to me here, too, well, it'll just have to happen. I'm not going to accept the stifling of free speech because a bunch of moderators got together and voted that was okay. It's not okay.
Greg
stage 2a rectal cancer 11/05 at age 63
LAR 12/05 with adjuvant radiation+5FU,leucovorin 1-2/06
NED for 12 years, cured

handicap18
Facebook Username: kyle.gendron

Postby handicap18 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:19 pm

That makes 3 people that I know of that have been banned in the last week, yet other can make comments that come across as disrespectful and talking down to people and they stay because apparently that are part of the "old boys club". At least that is they way things seem in my eyes. I have expressed my displeasure with the way things are being done with "upper management" of this "club".
Kyle. Male: 44
dx stage 4 RC w/mets to liver & lungs 3/29/12 - CEA 2937
1st of 15 FOLFOX 4/16/12
9/24 11 tx - CEA 12.9 10/4 CT scan - no lesions in lungs.
12/10 Rectal tumor removed
5/20/13 1st of 16 FOLFIRI
2/3/14 1st Cetuximab

limbo08816

Postby limbo08816 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 pm

handicap18 wrote:That makes 3 people that I know of that have been banned in the last week, yet other can make comments that come across as disrespectful and talking down to people and they stay because apparently that are part of the "old boys club". At least that is they way things seem in my eyes. I have expressed my displeasure with the way things are being done with "upper management" of this "club".

That is the way I feel too. I made a comment months ago that was not derogatory in any way and it got deleted. I guess because it disagreed with one of the 'old timers'. I have not participated in months as a result. This is sad, we are all fighting a horrible disease. Emotions are going to run high and people are going to get angry. We should have sympathy. We should not gang up on people and we should not ban people. Oh well, since I am not an old timer, I guess my opinion does not matter.

BrownBagger

Postby BrownBagger » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm only aware of two people being banned since I've been a member here--some 3+ years, and they were both in the past 24 hours. It's thankfully a rare occurrence but unfortunately, a necessary one. Greg, as I've explained before, this is a private forum, subject to its own rules and standards of conduct. I'm sure you appreciate having a police force where you live. I'm no big fan of the cops myself, but I understand and accept the role they play in my community.

I don't recall either of you being involved in the incident that got frances banned. So I take it you're unaware of the facts but simply object to the concept of banning anyone for anything at any time. Do either of you care to comment on what actually went down? Maybe we can take this opportunity to have a discussion about civil public discourse and the need to maintain certain standards of civilized conduct.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

disco nap

Postby disco nap » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Did you guys actually see the thread that went on yesterday? It's deleted now, for good reason.

I think this place is like a garden. Sometimes you gotta pull out some weeds.
DX July 2 '10 CC Stage IIIC, 11/18 nodes+
Right Hemi July 6 '10
Folfox: Aug 17'10 - Feb 17'11
Mar 2012: Lynch Syndrome MLH1
"Declared well" and been well ever since.
Update: Jan 2023 - still NED.

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:23 pm

BrownBagger wrote:Greg, as I've explained before, this is a private forum, subject to its own rules and standards of conduct. I'm sure you appreciate having a police force where you live. I'm no big fan of the cops myself, but I understand and accept the role they play in my community.

So you think you are a policeman? But policemen enforce laws as interpreted by courts, they have specific training and must act within strict constraints, and there are review boards to consider complaints about their behavior. Does any of this apply to you? Anything at all?
Greg
NED for 12 years, cured

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 pm

disco nap wrote:Did you guys actually see the thread that went on yesterday? It's deleted now, for good reason.

I don't know how many threads and posts were censored. I read at least some of a thread started by Frances. I noticed that she was being disagreeable and expressing herself sharply, but I thought she was being careful to restrain herself. From what I know, I dispute your "for good reason". But it's not just deletion of posts that is involved, but also banning.
Greg
NED for 12 years, cured

Icesk8tr

Postby Icesk8tr » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Was JBinNJ the other person that was banned? I hate to see anyone banned from the CC. I read most of the posts yesterday. The posts were like a burning fire being fueled by gasoline. Things definitely got out of control. Today the posts have been deleted. Can't that be enough. Can't this be a lesson for EVERYONE? Life is too short.... and a lot shorter for some of the people here.

Christine
Stage IV CC 2010

disco nap

Postby disco nap » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:43 pm

PGLGreg wrote:
disco nap wrote:Did you guys actually see the thread that went on yesterday? It's deleted now, for good reason.

I don't know how many threads and posts were censored. I read at least some of a thread started by Frances. I noticed that she was being disagreeable and expressing herself sharply, but I thought she was being careful to restrain herself. From what I know, I dispute your "for good reason". But it's not just deletion of posts that is involved, but also banning.

You can dispute me all you like, free speech and all. You obviously didn't see the entire thread so you're a boxer with a blindfold on at this point.

If you really think free speech exists, go try talking on a cell phone in a crowded movie theatre and see how long you last. :lol:
DX July 2 '10 CC Stage IIIC, 11/18 nodes+
Right Hemi July 6 '10
Folfox: Aug 17'10 - Feb 17'11
Mar 2012: Lynch Syndrome MLH1
"Declared well" and been well ever since.
Update: Jan 2023 - still NED.

mm66ny

Postby mm66ny » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:56 pm

I do not know what happened, and I do not believe I saw the thread, other than what Frances posted this morning. I am quite sure that the decision to ban someone is nt taken lightly, but I also think that people from time to time need to be allowed to veer off course and find their way back, on their own. Everybody here has a lot to be angry and scared about, even if other people have it worse, and that is part of why we're all here.

The fact that two people have been banned in such a short amount of time is something to be concerned about. It's unusual, and I hope that the moderators--some f whom I have a great respect for--can reflect on the reasons for such banning, and if they change their minds, won't let egos (of changing their mind) get in the way.

Some people may say some nasty stuff on this board, but let the community work it out naturally, and please be careful about preempting someone's comments just because you think it's not appropriate or we can't handle it.
Dx RC, T3N1M0, Feb. 2009
LAR, Ileostomy June 2009
12 Folfox tx
Ileostomy takedown Jan. 2010
June 2014 five years NED
Age 48
married w/7 children
Generally irresponsible

edgellc

Postby edgellc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 pm

THIS HAS GOTTEN WAY OUT OF HAND!!! :cry:
Yes, This is a public forum, and we should be free to say what we like and feel safe in doing so. but to what cost. If we didn't have community standards how long would it be before complete chaos set in and every one was fighting and arguing. What good is it to have Police if there are no laws to enforce? The way I see it The Moderators of this board are there to make tuff decisions. I don't think they woke up and said lets go get______! They had a job to do and did it. No one said it was an easy choice. I for one wish that it wouldn't have come to the outcome that it did, but It did! So just leave it alone already! Enough is Enough! If you break the rules there are consequences. Why are some of the members here mad at the moderators for doing a job that no else would want to do but undoubtedly needs doing. When I first joined this Club it was a haven to come to during a trying time, Now every one is drawing lines in the sand and triple dog daring some one else to step over the line...GROW UP!!! :evil: WHAT EVER, IM DONE!!!

(EDIT) This is just embarrassing, A bunch of adults acting like little kids, I hope your proud of your selves! Thank You for shaming us into this harsh reality, Like we dont have more important things to worry about!!!! DO WE ALL NEED TO BE PUT IN TIME OUT? NOW IM DONE!!!
Last edited by edgellc on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
.............EDGELLC............
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ♥ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
------♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥----
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---
----♥♥-♥♥----
-----♥♥♥-----
----♥♥-♥♥---
---♥♥---♥♥---