What is Susan Lindley doing

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
vancouver eve

What is Susan Lindley doing

Postby vancouver eve » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:45 pm

I have not heard anything about Susan Lindley that had cancer throughout her body and yet has managed to live for 13 years. I would like to know why she is not on the boards posting all the treatments she has had to help us all.

shel
Facebook Username: michele horwitz

Re: What is Susan Lindley doing

Postby shel » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Suzanne, now on 14 yrs is active on many lists, including her own foundation. I don't think she doesn't want to help. She helps Everyone that asks. Has anyone reached out to her from this group?

msbeowulf

Postby msbeowulf » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 pm

59 yrs old
Right hemicolectomy on Oct. 2, 2012, to avoid potential malignancy from SSA
Searcy, AR

vancouver eve

Postby vancouver eve » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:12 pm

I guess that is the person I mean. I thought she was a stage 4 not a stage 2. Did I read something incorrect?

JAZZToo

Postby JAZZToo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Eve
Suzanne is Stage IV and last I read she was undergoing chemo for mets to the pancreas. She sometimes posts on the ACor colon list.
Leslie

eitter

Postby eitter » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Suzanne Lindley is a very good friend of mine and a very busy and does run her own foundation. She is on Facebook and bops around the world speaking, so she is out there! She also goes to Call on Congress every year! And she just did some PSA's in LaLa land during the Emmy's, she is very much alive and well and doing so much for the cause!!! Her foundation is http://beatlivertumors.org/index.html
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

Sandy gma

Postby Sandy gma » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Suzanne Lindley was the person whose story first gave me hope on this journey with my daughter, my only child, diagnosed inoperable stage IV at age 32 just 7 weeks after the birth of her first child a year ago this week. I think I can correctly say that Suzanne is a very busy woman providing support to many, MANY people personally and through her foundation mentioned by Liz above. She's been a valuable resource to my family as we've gone through the Y90 spheres procedure with my daughter, and such a reassuring friend, only a phone call or text away - I did reach out to her and am so glad I did. She is, honestly, one of the most inspirational people and strongest women I have ever encountered and a wealth of information. I can't imagine how I would have handled the past few months without her advice and support. I think the world of her.

Sandy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”