Lump in my lower left abdomen

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Re: Lump in my lower left abdomen

Postby Terry » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 pm

I really think after having this for ten years you would at the least be in pretty bad shape if not dead. BUT, you should have a scope. Go back to your doc and insist on one and if he won't give you one, go to a different doc. Print out the stories of us on here (or the youngins anyway) and show it to him. It could be a fatty tumor, hernia, who knows but the answer from him of "I don't know what it is" is not a good response. He needs to find out what it is to at least give you peace of mind. Seriously though, I doubt it's colon cancer but you never know for sure.

Be tough and fight for what you need...a colonoscopy!
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

NikkiT

Postby NikkiT » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:19 am

I found a lump in my 11 yr old sons lower left abdomen yesterday. At first it was the size of the palm of my hand. He said it doesnt hurt unless you apply pressure. By the afternoon it looked like a grape sticking out of his stomach. This morning it is back to the palm size. I am making him an appointment this morning, but just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

saints_fan

Postby saints_fan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:05 am

Hi guest! I'm experiencing the same symptoms your are describing and I'm only 18 years old. I have the cucumber Feelin lump in my lower left side with occasional pain. Other than that, that's really all I'm experiencing. Do you have any suggestions on really what to do?

et

Postby et » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:30 am

Hello

Symptoms are identicle to mine, how did you get on? didi they eventually give you the colonoscopy? What was the hard mass?

I have a gp appointment soon and i will ask them about my lump. Its on the left hand side and when i lie on my back the left rib cage is higher than the right, which i think is connected to this lump.

I've complained about it before and they reckon its musculo skelital.

Let me know because i'd like to see what to ask for at the GP.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”