XELIRI Side Effects Question

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
raym

XELIRI Side Effects Question

Postby raym » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 am

I will be starting xeliri in the near future and have a question regarding the side effects. I know that the big D is one as well as fatigue, nausea, etc. I want to pick a day of the week where it works out best with going to work and then resting on the weekend. I was on xeloda during radiation treatments in the summer and tolerated that well, but have never had irinotecan. Did you experience fatique immediately following in the days after or was there some delay?
3/11 IIIC +/FOLFOX
4/12 HIPEC
6/12 Chmo/Rad
9/12 XELIRI+Avast/Zltra
9/13 Plvic Absc,stpd chemo
11/13 Tumr rmvd frm Lap Port incis
12/13 Xeloda
1/14 Cardiac Issue no Xeloda/5FU
3/14 Irinotecan
6/14 Stopped chemo
8/14 Clin Trial
9/14 Infectn - Stpd Trial

Guinevere

Re: XELIRI Side Effects Question

Postby Guinevere » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:37 am

Ray,
There's some delay in the fatigue since they'll be giving you steroids along with the infusion and you kinda get a boost from that on the day and a half afterwards. Also, you may have the Big C instead of the Big D (some of us do) and you might want to have stool softeners handy. Nausea or a constant queasiness seemed to be one of the problems. Hand/foot as well. Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize as much as you can and you pretty much have to keep socks on your feet at all time except when you're sleeping and I think there are some who are able to sleep in socks. I'm not one of those people. If I think of anything else, I'll add it later.
Guinevere
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

Angiemarie2000
Facebook Username: Angela.boles

Postby Angiemarie2000 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:45 pm

I have hand and foot and some fatigue, I'm on steroids for 6 days after chemo. I have about three down days on days 7,8, and 9. The 3 rd week is the worsts for hand and foot and the best for fatigue.

They infusion me with another drug half way into the irr to control the cramping and sweats. I have late on set of the big D that lasts about 4 days. My nasua is well controlled with meds

BOL

Angie
5/12- @ 37 DX IV KRASmt
5/12- R. Hemi
6/12- Folfox/avastin-(Bad Reaction)
6/12- xeliri-7rds
CEA-DX @ 80 then 11,10,7,14,25,210,340,540,900
12/12-R. Ovary removed
01/13- folfox 4 rounds
03/13- folfox failed, in liver failure, starting regorafebin.

Bob in Watson

Postby Bob in Watson » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:58 am

I have the infusion on Mondays (3 week cycle) and this seems to work well with the fatigue, which first hits on Friday or Saturday. The big D usually comes in the second week, but has occurred during the off week. Foot discomfort comes at the end of the off week as well and lasts for about 5 days. The schedule works well for the worst of the fatigue and I just deal with the D and the foot discomfort. I am able to work full time, but find I need extra sleep, about 9 hours per night.

Due to other factors, I did have the infusion on Wednesday for one cycle. I felt fine until the next Monday, when the fatigue really kicked in. I won't go back to that schedule by choice.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”