Looking for people who have had mets to the liver.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
HT

Looking for people who have had mets to the liver.

Postby HT » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:37 pm

I am currently on chemo for reoccuring colon cancer. I had Stage 1 in 2004 and had surgery that removed all of it...there was no chemo or radiation therapy. In Oct. 2005 I noticed my tummy was bloated. With all the exercise I do (karate, running and I teach kickboxing) I didn't think I was getting fat. Luckily I had it checked. The colon cancer had returned as a met on my liver (just one) and on my ovaries. I was blown away!! Thought I was all done w/cancer...Anyway I've had 10 treatments which seem to be working great (75% shrinkage of my tumors). I've had major neuropathy and fatique. I would love to hear from survivors who have had it met to their liver.
I pray each day and have an awesome support group of family and friends. I am the team capt. of a Relay for Life and have raised over $1000 myself. People have been awesome about supporting me.
God Bless,
HT

bill

Postby bill » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:42 am

HT,
Boy thats strange that it came back at stage 1. The thing is since it was a pretty early stage chances are that their wont be that many spots. Did you have any high risk like negative margins. Also how many lymph nodes did they retrieve. What part of the colon was it in.

HT it is very positive that the chemo is reducing it by 75 %. You should get a resection then.

HT

Postby HT » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi Bill,
When I had the surgery in 2004, they took out 1 foot of my colon and check the lympnodes which were all clean. I guess getting again after it be a stage 1 is like a 2% chance...lucky me!!!
They won't do surgery on the liver because I also have one in the abdomen which is also shrinking. I just had my 11th treatment today and they will check my scan after my 12th...I'm Praying it's at least 90% gone...100 % would be my dream!!!
I may continue w/the same treatments in hopes that it will be gone 100%.
This has been such a long tough journey and I CANNOT wait til it's done!
God Bless,

HT

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”