Bone Pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
patty

Bone Pain

Postby patty » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:36 pm

I'm 2 months out of chemo and I still have severe bone pain. The pain comes and goes usually worse in my hands and hips. Does anyone else have this problem? Stg.3 rectal cancer survivor. Doctors don't know the cause.

susanbm

Bone Pain

Postby susanbm » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

I too have bone pain in my wrists, ankles and shoulders. My oncologist isn't sure if it is from the chemo or the clinical trial drug Avastin. But, I did not have the pain while I was in my treatment phase. The pain in my shoulder got so bad I had an MRI done and it was discovered I have fluid in my bursis?? I have an appointment with an orthopaedic guy in a week and hopefully he can figure out the shoulder as well as my wrists and ankles. I finished my chemo in Oct. 05 and my Avastin in Mar. 06.

Joy

Postby Joy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:27 pm

This might be completely into left field but my sister-in-law told me that when she was having chemo for breast cancer her arthritis was completely in remission no pain and she had a great range of motion however, when she came off the chemo her arthritis came back with a bang!

I've noticed that I'm more flexible and have no trouble haiuling myself on and off the "high" radiation table. This is very strange because we gave up boating a couple of years ago (pre cancer diagnosis) because I was so stiff I couldn't lift my leg over the side of the boat.

Strange :?

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:24 pm

I believe that chemo (I took 5FU/Leucavorin) can cause arthritis. My herniated disc in my back got way worse during chemo, and my whole body started to ache. It was so bad that I couldn't move in the bed, get up in the morning, walk, get dressed without SEVERE PAIN. I started Celebrex 200mg/day (anti-inflammatory) and most of the pain is covered except the herniated disc. I'm in my early 30's and have always been super-active!

suzieh

Postby suzieh » Fri May 05, 2006 2:19 pm

Bone pain is not uncommon. Your body may be trying to build healthy bone marrow and all your newly created blood cells come from inside those bones. Just remember a little bone pain is bettter than cancer. I tend to have pelvic and femur pain I am only off treatment 1 week so my body is still trying to survive the chemo. But I have had the bone pain. Hang in there.
Suzie H

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”