Life Is What Happens While You Are Busy Making Other Plans..

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Tpachuck

Life Is What Happens While You Are Busy Making Other Plans..

Postby Tpachuck » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:46 pm

Hi all.....New to forum and diagnosed with stage 3 Colon Cancer in Feb.....Had Surgery 1 week later and removed the tumor and 27 lymp nodes ( of which 8 were positive for cancer) Surgeon says I hit a home run with the surgery but I still am going through Chemo....Started FOLFOX yesterday.......I get a 3 hr drip of Oxaliplatin/leucouvorin and then home for 46 hours on 5FU and more leucouvorin.....This will happen every 2 weeks for the next 6 months.....Still dealing with all that has happened so quickly but..You have to keep on keeping on!
My Oncologist says my hair shouldn't fall out ( maybe thin) and hopefully no sickness or other wierd symptoms.......Taking Kytril starting 1 hour before the start of treatment and then every 12 hours for 4 days in case of and for nausea...also have some smoke for the sickness and lack of hunger for food...so far so good.......I get the pump out tomorrow morning and heard the worst time for sickness is right after that for a day or so......

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”