So done with this club!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Grace14

So done with this club!

Postby Grace14 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:24 am

I am done posting on here! I am so sick and tired of everybody defending Gaelen! It's ok for her to say whatever the heck she wants and nobody ever locks her posts! There is obviously alot of favoritism on this club and I'm done with it! I don't feel comfortable posting on here anymore! I wish everybody here the best of luck with this horrible disease!
Diag Stage 2a R/C April 2010 at 38
Rad/chemo 6 weeks
Apr surgery July 2010
Folfox 4 months
Jan appendix removed
Feb diag papillary thyroid cancer no treatments stage1
Ned so far!!!
Mother of 4 boys 21 18 11 8

BrownBagger

Re: So done with this club!

Postby BrownBagger » Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 am

Anonymous posts (as "Guest") attacking another member, whether the attack has merit or not, are not going to be approved by the mods.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

handicap18
Facebook Username: kyle.gendron

Postby handicap18 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:37 am

Grace. I just sent you an email. Check it out.

Best of luck to you.
Kyle. Male: 44
dx stage 4 RC w/mets to liver & lungs 3/29/12 - CEA 2937
1st of 15 FOLFOX 4/16/12
9/24 11 tx - CEA 12.9 10/4 CT scan - no lesions in lungs.
12/10 Rectal tumor removed
5/20/13 1st of 16 FOLFIRI
2/3/14 1st Cetuximab

Grace14

Postby Grace14 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:40 am

I didn't get it!
Diag Stage 2a R/C April 2010 at 38
Rad/chemo 6 weeks
Apr surgery July 2010
Folfox 4 months
Jan appendix removed
Feb diag papillary thyroid cancer no treatments stage1
Ned so far!!!
Mother of 4 boys 21 18 11 8

limbo08816

Postby limbo08816 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 am

I done too. I did not say anything offensive and my post got deleted. You have got to be kidding me!
I wish you all well, I will never post here again.
Last edited by limbo08816 on Thu May 31, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

handicap18
Facebook Username: kyle.gendron

Postby handicap18 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:54 am

Grace14 wrote:I didn't get it!

Maybe it takes a little longer. Check you private messages here.
Kyle. Male: 44
dx stage 4 RC w/mets to liver & lungs 3/29/12 - CEA 2937
1st of 15 FOLFOX 4/16/12
9/24 11 tx - CEA 12.9 10/4 CT scan - no lesions in lungs.
12/10 Rectal tumor removed
5/20/13 1st of 16 FOLFIRI
2/3/14 1st Cetuximab

sadysue

Postby sadysue » Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 am

Grace...sorry that you are leaving. I wish you the best of health and a life-time recovery from this disease. Peace.
Rectal dx 4/2011 (Stage 3B - T3N1M0)
5FU/Rad - daily/6 wks ending 6/2011
Surgery 8/19/2011
Finished 8 rounds Folfox 2/2012
Ileo reverse and port out 3/2012
NED

missjv

Postby missjv » Thu May 31, 2012 12:12 pm

hey grace it has been like that since i have been on this forum the past 5 years. some people can say what they want and it is ok but if we disagree with these certain people we are either deleted or the topic is locked. just got to laugh it off it is not worth getting mad over.

missjv

missjv

Postby missjv » Thu May 31, 2012 12:22 pm

i must have missed the annonymous post where someone was attacked i did not see it.

missjv

BrownBagger

Postby BrownBagger » Thu May 31, 2012 12:28 pm

missjv wrote:i must have missed the annonymous post where someone was attacked i did not see it.

missjv

Nobody but the mods saw it. "Guest" apparently didn't have the courage to make the post in his or her own name and since it was basically an attack on another member, we disapproved the post. Posts from new members and "guests" need to be approved by the mods before being posted because of the amount of spam we receive. As I said, no anonymous attack on another member, no matter who that member is or how valid the point may or may not be, is going to be approved. I think that's a reasonable policy and I trust everyone else can see why.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

Kathryn in MN
Facebook Username: Kathryn Finn-Blume

Postby Kathryn in MN » Thu May 31, 2012 12:30 pm

I missed much of the drama, and don't know who or what was 'censored' but what I find odd is that no one is taking issue with me. I posted the same thing Gaelen did. I just said it much shorter, and as a reply to the general group rather than replying to individuals.

Just because the facts suck, doesn't mean we shouldn't have hope. But it does mean we need to be realistic, and we can't twist the facts to our liking.

NED and cured are two different things. That is a fact, whether we like it or not. Way more people with stage IV cancer die within 5 years than do not die within 5 years. And even more die eventually from their stage IV cancer eventually than are cured, even if they make it past 5 years. Those are the facts, plain and simple. Just because someone states the facts doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't have hope. Because there are some people that are cured, so who says that can't be you or me? But I'm not going to be a fool and insist I don't have to worry about the alternative - because it is much more likely. This isn't gloom and doom, but just the facts of life with stage IV CRC.

Depending on the oncologist, some may say you are cured after 5 years NED for stage IV CRC, others won't say it till 10 years. Having a period of NED for 3 months, 1, year, or even 3 years does not mean you are considered cured for stage IV CRC, although you have a better chance at it the longer you remain NED. Hearing from people that have remained NED for 5 years or more does give hope to those of us who haven't reached that. Keep up the hope, but don't ignore reality too. We will continue to lose too many good people to this disease.

Some people (myself included) process things more with our brains. Other people process things more with emotions. So when it comes to opinions, not everyone will agree. But when it comes to facts they speak for themselves.

Instead of all this bickering, and knee-jerk reactions, we should be supporting each other. The cancer is the enemy - not other people, even when we disagree. We aren't pre-schoolers in a sandbox, but adults facing a very rough situation. If we don't like what someone writes, we can respectfully disagree. If it hits the point of "dead-end" we can move on or ignore if need be. This is a free service to us that we can choose to use or not. I appreciate it, and will continue to use it.

I appreciate the rules that anonymous attacks are not permitted.
CRC AUG09 Age 47
Sig Res T4a N2a Mx, KRAS mut codon13
Mets bones & nodes
FOLFOX, FOLFIRI, Avastin, Radiation
Irinotecan, Zaltrap & STAR RFA
APR13 pleurisy & ascites - more chemo & draining
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kathrynblume

BostonGuest

Postby BostonGuest » Thu May 31, 2012 12:35 pm

Missjv .... i was the anonymous poster and if i was "attacking" a member, then i dont know what you call some of these other posts. I may not have registered but i have given money to support this club and i too have shed many a tears when members like Jess, Patrick and Matthew's wife lost their battle. I know all too well what this horrid disease can do to a family and a person's soul. All i tried to say was dont try to take hope away from someone else, it may be all they have that day. Perhaps if things were a little different here, people like me/would actually register. But i think its obvious not all are welcome. So sad.//perhaps my money would be better served where freedom of speech, within reason of course, is welcome. Many of you are my heroes. I pray for many of you every day. It is a joke to have called my post an attack. Not brave enough to post my name? Bullsh#t. Bravery has nothing to do with it. Its all about the choices we make and i had chosen to support this club in a way i will no longer do.

missjv

Postby missjv » Thu May 31, 2012 12:45 pm

hey boston i agree with what you are saying i just didn't see your original post.

missjv

limbo08816

Postby limbo08816 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Interesting, my post was deleted and I posted with my screen name.

robinkaye

Postby robinkaye » Thu May 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Kathryn, you're right, you have repeatedly posted the same information as Galen...you just seem to do it without making others feel (for lack of a better word) stupid.
I'm an optimist but also a realist and as I said in another post, Galen has the right to her opinion just as all those who disagree have the right to come right back at her.
I don't understand all the hoopla surrounding this issue. I haven't seen anything in the three related threads that were insulting to anyone. Read Galen if you wish...by now, you certainly
know what's coming. If she offends then by all means hit her back. The moderators are doing this board a disservice when they disallow dissension.

Robin
Husband has RC Stage IIIC
Chemorad 9/28-11/07
2 rounds FOLFOX to get rid of iliac LN
LAR Surgery 1/17 ileostomy
presacral abscess 2/1 - 3/27
FOLFOX began 4/5 - 6/15
another presacral abscess 6/30-8/10
Reversal 9/11
10/15 fistula with drain

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”