Spam at the colon club

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
janb

Spam at the colon club

Postby janb » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:16 pm

This is the first time I have seen spam on this forum. How sad that people have to revert to this to get their garbage out. I even received an email and it said they got my email address from rollingtorecovery.com; it was one of those Nigerian million bucks spams. I think Molly is going to have to make each person become a member and not allow guests so we aren't invaded with this stuff. How sad that it may come to this as guests are just as important as people who have joined the club. Any suggestions to keep this "poop" off this site?

michele

spam on the colon club

Postby michele » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:21 am

I have not recieved any emails from people who got me email address yet from here, but I was upset to see the pharmacy advertisement and the new insurance ad. I would hate to now allow guests to visit (since, that is how I started).

I think this is the best site out there that I have found that people actually answer so quickly. I have been truly been blessed by the site. I don't know what the answer would be. The people doing this spam should just be ashamed to invade our space.

michele
Diagnosed Dec 2005 stage 3C
LAR Dec 2005
Mom finished chemo for stage 3B Jan 2006
I had chemo Feb 2006-Aug 2007
Currently NED

ASTEPHENS33

Agreement

Postby ASTEPHENS33 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:03 am

I agree with the last two posters about Spam. This Forum is about the need to connect and get information and not advertising. I don't know how the logistics work, but I support a closed list.

Postby guest » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:10 am

Please don't close the forum to guests! I registered a while back and can not access anything with my user name! My information is on the registered users list but apparently I am not doing something correctly!Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Thelma

ASTEPHENS33

Guests

Postby ASTEPHENS33 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:46 am

I also had difficulty at first figuring out how to post on the Forum. Not sure what the issue is. Perhaps, if guests who wanted to post could put something other than just guest - a contact mechanism - that would work.

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:34 pm

Hi All-

Thank you for this post.

When we first started this website as www.rollingtorecovery.com, I was able to get on and read the guestbook every single day. Because it has grown so much (and believe me, I'm not complaining!), I'm not always able to keep up the way I used to. If you see anything on the message board that looks like it doesn't belong, please shoot me a note and I'll take care of it as soon as I can!

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Molly

janb

Spam at the colon club

Postby janb » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:56 pm

Molly,
I have forwarded you the email I received. Go get them girl....

sergei
Site Admin
Facebook Username: sergei.morgoslepov

Postby sergei » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:43 pm

There are some changes to the message board: the guest users will need to enter confirmation code in order to post a message. Hopefully this will stop most of the spam. Sorry for inconvenience. Please <a href="JavaScript:send('bitproducts.com', 'sergei'); ">email me</a> if you have any problems posting or loging in.

Sergei

spam

Postby guest » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:45 pm

Sergei to the rescue!

Thank You!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”