Gratefullness

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
pollo65
Facebook Username: pollo2

Gratefullness

Postby pollo65 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:12 am

A couple of years ago Bev suggested Gratefulness.org after one of our long term clubbers died and we all needed healing. I have been going to that site almost daily since that time. Yes, it is Christian but with a very soft touch and as a "lapsed" Catholic it it just what I need. I am suggesting it because it reminds me daily that though I may be in pain, battling cancer and doing the chemo funk that I have so much in my life. it has helped me look at clouds and children's faces and the emerging spring flowers in a new light. I am not pushing this site, just suggesting. Thank you Bev!
pollo 65
CC 1/6/09
r. hemi-colectomy 1/7/09
32Ln biopsied, 28 positive
met to aorta
chemo 12 rounds
done 9/09 3 scans clear
1/11 1 met to aorta
micro cluster to peritoneum
4/11 / 9/11 scan clear
4/12 scan clear
10/12 scan clear
Iri+avastin
chemo break

Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Re: Gratefullness

Postby Terry » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:38 am

I don't go to support groups. I would but there are not any closer than an hour plus each way. I have found new found ways for looking at all the things you speak of too, plus others and anything that helps you look at those things with more beauty and the magic that that God created all this is wonderful. I look at the birds when I'm out on my porch. They range from finch to doves, to cardinals, to black birds (crows), hawks and we even have a few eagles. The bear are starting to come out now and I hit a dear with my car the other day:( (first time and very upsetting) and the coyote and wolves are out. Look at the perfectness of God's foodchain. All of this is just mesmermizing to me and makes me not understand how anyhow anyone can thing she came about on its own. I feel for those who pass on to the next place without accept the absolute free gift from the Lord.

O.K. enough lecturing (actually I'm not lecturing, just saying how I feel), but I know it's not always welcome. I would be more than happy for those on the other side of the fence to tell me how they came about those feelings.

Sounds like a good site, I might check it out.

One of my promises to myself is to start a support group (all cancers) up here if I can every get into remission. That and I want to volunteer for Camp Daniel which is a camp for disabled adults. Hopefully I'll get into remission and be able to do these things. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone!
Terry
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

juliej

Postby juliej » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks for the link, pollo65! You always have good ideas!

Terry, you're right about nature. Contrary to what people say, time does not heal all wounds, nature does. Surrounding ourselves with natural beauty reminds us that everything shares an interconnectedness and that sometimes the heavy stuff (like chemo treatments, etc.) is nothing but a grain of sand in the grand scheme of things. That doesn't mean that our lives are in anyway insignificant, but it keeps everything in perspective for me when I'm most in danger of losing it.
Stage IVb, liver/lung mets 8/4/2010
Xelox+Avastin 8/18/10 to 10/21/2011
LAR, liver resec, HAI pump 11/2011
Adjuvant Irinotecan + FUDR
Double lung surgery + ileo reversal 2/2012
Adjuvant FUDR + Xeloda
VATS rt. lung 12/2012 - benign granuloma!
VATS left lung 11/2013
NED 11/22/13 to 12/18/2019, CEA<1

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:27 am

Thank you, pollo, for bringing this site to our attention. I'm definitely gonna check it out.
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”