A little bit of fun....

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Future_Med

A little bit of fun....

Postby Future_Med » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi all,

So I've been away for a while (seems like every time I turn around I have a mid-term... don't know when they stopped being one test per class in the middle of the term :wink: ) but thought I'd drop in and catch up, and post a bit of fun while I'm at it.

Two weeks from tomorrow I'm shaving my head in a fundraiser for a great organization called Young Adult Cancer Canada. They do an absolutely great job of getting young adult survivors (of all cancers) from across Canada together to share info, experiences, and just hang out and not feel so alone. But anyways, I got to thinking "What should I do with my hair in the two weeks between now and then?" A legitimate question I think you'd all agree ;) And well I came up with a fun answer :)

::drum roll::

Why sport a mohawk of course :mrgreen:

(having trouble attaching an image, so I'll just add the link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/76759897@N08/6884755586/in/photostream

And of course being that it's still March, for today I made my mohawk blue (the joys of colored hair gel means I can have even more fun with it these next two weeks :) )

Aideen
Diagnosed colon cancer Stage 1 November 30, 2010 Age: 27
Collectomy December 24th, 2010
Genetic Testing back December 19th 2011. Familial Adenomatous Polyposis confirmed

CRguy

Re: A little bit of fun....

Postby CRguy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Nicely done, ..... nicely done indeed.
...BUTT while colorectal blue works for me now in March, I think you really need to go with some nice Easter pastel pinks, yellows, pale green and robin's egg blue..... just 'cos you can...and it's all coming OFF in 2 weeks anyway... and it IS your head...NOT mine :mrgreen:

Great for getting the message out there, Canuck style.
Cheers
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Future_Med

Postby Future_Med » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:32 am

LOL CRguy :)

Easter pastels might actually be fun... but unfortunately pastels don't tend to be among the coloured hair gels ;) But I definitely plan on picking up another colour or two and having some fun with it :)

Aideen
Genetic Testing back December 19th 2011. Familial Adenomatous Polyposis confirmed

juliej

Postby juliej » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:44 am

There is an "electric flamingo" hot pink hair gel. It's not exactly the Easter pastels CRguy had in mind -- more like Alice in Wonderland's version of Easter colors! You could mix in sections of "purple haze" and "electric banana" for a pink/purple/yellow Easter mohawk.

Looks good, by the way! :D
Stage IVb, liver/lung mets 8/4/2010
Xelox+Avastin 8/18/10 to 10/21/2011
LAR, liver resec, HAI pump 11/2011
Adjuvant Irinotecan + FUDR
Double lung surgery + ileo reversal 2/2012
Adjuvant FUDR + Xeloda
VATS rt. lung 12/2012 - benign granuloma!
VATS left lung 11/2013
NED 11/22/13 to 12/18/2019, CEA<1

Future_Med

Postby Future_Med » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Julie,

Great minds think alike. I actually immediately thought of the pink when I read CRguy's post :) I unfortunately haven't been able to find the "electric banana" colour here :( (which is too bad because yellow always shows up better on my dark hair, and I used to use yellow hair gel, let it dry and then use the darker colors (blue, purple) on top to make em show up better) But I think I may have to do either pink, blue, green... or pink, blue, purple :) Especially now that it looks like we'll be having a family Easter get together :)

Yep... I'm not having any fun with this at all :wink:

Aideen

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”