EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
eitter

EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Postby eitter » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:25 pm

GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!! Only 36 people have read Kathryn Post about Calling Congress! I do not care how sick you are if you are well enough to read or post here then you are well enough to make ONE CALL to change the course of awareness for our SUCK ASS CANCER!!!!!!! Pun intended! Many of you could not make to Call on Congress so here is YOUR chance to make a difference from the comforts of your home lounging in your jamjams while eating bon bons and watching your soap opera! LOL Just Kidding, kind of sort of!

So I am re-posting Kathryn's brilliant post and make that call NOW, stop what you are doing and CALL!

And BTW the staff of FightColoRectalCancer.org is ringing the bell today on Wall Street to mark the end of ColoRectal Cancer Month!

Posted by Kathryn!

For all of you that wanted to attend Call on Congress for Colorectal Cancer, but could not, this is your chance. The phone calls have been really slow. We need more. It only takes a few minutes of your time.

PLEASE take a few minutes of your day to call in. This is one of the issues I went to Call On Congress for. Both the Digestive Disease National Coalition and Fight Colorectal Cancer had this on the agenda. This is a bi-partisan issue. It is not something that is at debate, but was an oversight in the original legislation that needs to be fixed. I spent a week in Washington DC working on this and other issues. Can you please take a few minutes out of your day to call? One person alone doesn't make a big difference, but ALL of us working together can make move mountains! Please come back and post after you call - let's see how many we can get together to make a difference on this issue.

There was a loophole in the new health policy, that was NOT intended to be there. If someone on medicare goes for a colonscopy, there is supposed to be no charge - it is a screening and should be covered 100%. (It has been proven that colonoscopies reduce the rates of CRC - paying for 20 colonoscopies will detect polpys that will be removed and prevent at least one case of CRC - which costs a LOT more to treat than 20 colonoscopies. One in 19 persons will get CRC in their lifetime. So the issue here isn't whether colonoscopies should be paid for.) The problem is if a polyp is found and removed, the procedure becomes a treatment rather than a screening. Suddenly this free service costs hundreds of dollars because they have to pay the co-pay on the FULL procedure. The wording was correct to keep them from paying the deductible, but not the co-pay. One of the GI doctors I was at DDNC with said that they have actually had people calling to cancel appointments for colonoscopies after hearing their friends had to pay after their appointments which found polyps, and they just don't have the $$ to pay on their fixed incomes. People that could have polyps removed and avoid CRC are not having it done because of this loophole. Fixing it will save lives and save $$. This is a no-brainer.

1-866-615-3375

Seniors' access to a screening colonoscopy is at risk and YOU can help!

We need you to call Congress and urge your Representative to support H.R. 4120!

Call 1-866-615-3375. At the prompt, enter your ZIP code and you will be directly connected to your Representative - at no cost to you.

When you reach your Representative's office, simply say:

•Your name and where you live
•Please cosponsor H.R. 4120, the Removing Barriers to Colorectal Cancer Screening Act of 2012
•Because Medicare beneficiaries should not be subject to unexpected coinsurance payments for colonoscopy screening
H.R. 4120, the Removing Barriers to Colorectal Cancer Screening Act of 2012, will fix a regulation that requires Medicare beneficiaries to pay coinsurance when their screening colonoscopy involves the removal of a polyp. The current policy can cost patients $100 to $300 and serve as a deterrent to screening.

We need cosponsors for this legislation if it is to pass into law & YOU can help! Your call will take two minutes of your time, but could save countless lives. Please take action and urge your friends and families to do the same!

1-866-615-3375
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

eitter

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Postby eitter » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm

And for the Social Media Buffs ie Facebook, please post a blurp to your frineds and family to have them call too!

And for those that have called, please tell everyone how easy it is!!!
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy

simon031003

Postby simon031003 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:58 pm

I just called. It really just takes about 2 minutes. I am from Texas and Rep. John Carter's sec is going to pass the word onto John Carter. The automated system on the toll free number tells you exactly what to say, and it is word for word from Kathryn's post. I have never called a rep office before, and now I feel like I may have just impacted something on a national level. Wow. great feeling.
Michelle wife of Esteban
T3N1M0 12/31/10
Folfox 2/22/11
9/19/2011 confirmed cancerous lymph nodes via biopsy; started FOLFIRI with Avastian turned into FOLFIRI with Ebritux now FOLFIRI w Vectibux 12/12 mets to liver and pancreas
2/17/13 resting in Heaven

CheeseHead

Postby CheeseHead » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Wrong country, sorry. Hope this law gets fixed...

Cheers,
Cheese
    10 Stg 4 colon srgry
    12 Xelox/Avast
    05 Liver srgry
    -12 Xelox
    05 Xelox
    08 Iri/Vect
    11 Liver srgry
    01-05 Iri,Vect,Xeloda
    09 CyberKnife
    03-07 Ph I trial
    08-11 Regorafenib
    2013-
    Xeloda
    Vecti
    Iri
    Xelox

Raclette

Postby Raclette » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I made the call, but it didn't go so well! When asked for my address I had major chemo brain block and forgot my street number!!! Soooo embarrassed! Had to look it up while he held. Explained my chemo brain to the guy but not sure he believed me! So anyone else who calls make sure you remember your name and address. How humiliating! Ahhhhhh
R
Dx 01/10 stage IV cc, mets to uterus & sac ofcancer seeds
Folfax 1/10-5/10
06/10 5Fu & Avastin
NED until 12/11
Mets to ovaries & cancer seeds in pelvis
01/12 start irinotechan & Vectibix
04/12 stopped iri & Vectibix-not working

Gloria
Facebook Username: Gloria Brandenburg Hughes

Postby Gloria » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Call completed to Clifford B Stearns :)
DX 6/10/10
Resection 6/17/10
Stage IIA (pt3N0MX)
8/8 benign lymph nodes
Blockage/tumor 2.5 x2 x .3 cm
Start Folfox 8/9/10
Finished 1/17/11
NED :)

beth568

Postby beth568 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 pm

I've been nagging my friends about this. It really couldn't be simpler or quicker. Just call!
Beth
dx @age 42, Jan '11 RC, T2or3NxM0 (stage IIIA/IIIB)
6 wks chemorad Feb - Mar '11
LAR 5/23/11, staged T2N1bM0 (2 of 15 nodes positive)
8 rounds FOLFOX, June-Oct. 2011
clear scans Nov '11, May '12, Nov '12, May '13
http://www.mysemicolon.net

NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Postby NWgirl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Done. And am I going to play a cancer card here? You bet I am. Feeling too lazy to pick up the phone? Then think of Gaelen. She hauled herself to D.C. so she could meet with these folks in person and give it her all. It wasn't easy and it took a tremendous toll on her physically - but she was there leading the fight. And all YOU have to do is pick up a phone from the comfort of your own home - 2 minutes of your time.

In talking to a dear friend today about making a difference, I used Gaelen as an example of a really strong, loud and powerful voice in advocacy. I'm not that person. I'm not nearly as confident, knowledgable or powerful. BUT - if you group together enough people LIKE ME - then together our voices can be heard. So please, pick up the phone and join me in making the call. We CAN make a difference!
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

eitter

Postby eitter » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:51 pm

NWgirl wrote:Done. And am I going to play a cancer card here? You bet I am. Feeling too lazy to pick up the phone? Then think of Gaelen. She hauled herself to D.C. so she could meet with these folks in person and give it her all. It wasn't easy and it took a tremendous toll on her physically - but she was there leading the fight. And all YOU have to do is pick up a phone from the comfort of your own home - 2 minutes of your time.

In talking to a dear friend today about making a difference, I used Gaelen as an example of a really strong, loud and powerful voice in advocacy. I'm not that person. I'm not nearly as confident, knowledgable or powerful. BUT - if you group together enough people LIKE ME - then together our voices can be heard. So please, pick up the phone and join me in making the call. We CAN make a difference!

GOOD POINT Belle! LOVE it and wished I had pointed that too.....Gaelen just a few short weeks ago was at Capital Hill for those that could not be there and she won her INCREDIBLE award all the while knowing what she was facing upon her return home!!!! And all we are asking is to make ONE phone call!
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
LAR 10/06 Stage III

Kathryn in MN
Facebook Username: Kathryn Finn-Blume

Postby Kathryn in MN » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Thanks Liz! It really is a simple thing people can do that doesn't cost a dime and doesn't take much time. Just one of us calling doesn't amount to much, but many calling in really counts!
CRC AUG09 Age 47
Sig Res T4a N2a Mx, KRAS mut codon13
Mets bones & nodes
FOLFOX, FOLFIRI, Avastin, Radiation
Irinotecan, Zaltrap & STAR RFA
APR13 pleurisy & ascites - more chemo & draining
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kathrynblume

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”