Think I may have problem

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Postie

Think I may have problem

Postby Postie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Hiya I have a few different problems just wondering if it's linked to Colon Cancer.

Well I'm 30 years old for for a good year I have suffered from tiredness even on weeks off work,my bowel movements change so much, sometimes I have big solid ones but at least once a week I have small ones and never feel like all my poo is out,and when I wipe there is a bit of blood on the toilet roll, not a lot though just mixed with the poo and I can never seem to wipe it clean,I also suffer extreme sweat under my arm pits, don't really feel hot it just seems to happen straight away afteri put clothes on.

Thanks in advance

teacher49

Re: Think I may have problem

Postby teacher49 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Postie,

You are young for typical colon cancer unless you have significant family history of colon cancer. But in general, any chronic fatigue, irregularity, AND blood in stools is cause for concern any time.

Are you on any blood thinners, excess aspirin, ibuprofen, Aleve? Just an alert that they can cause bleeding gums, blood in stool......but the blood in stool is an indication of some irritation. Could be hemorrhoids, could be IBS, Crohns, or polyp.

Have it checked out.....see Family physician first and get referred to colonoscopy doc. It's not that bad......you aren't even aware of the scope.
F, 62,CRC, Adenoca, mod diff
cT3N0M0 Stage IIA May 2011
chemorad
APR on 9/27/11 Margins & Nodes Neg
comp.after surg/2 pelvic abscesses/Sepsis/Hosp 40 days
10th FOLFOX 6/6/2012 feet went numb
5FU to finish
NED 8/11/2021

esk2poo

Postby esk2poo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Positive,
Sorry to see that you have to post here. We as not doctors but can share info and support on our experiences. First thing, you need to go to a doctor. Second, do not get caught up with dr. Google. You will worry more than you have to. If you do get the diag and it is the big c, come backe here for a Greta forum to vent, or get different viewpoints on our journey.
Good luck and I pray we never hear from you again. Nothing personal.
Allen
Dx 8/23/11 stage 3b crc
3 of 11 LN's
resection 9/15/11
folfox start 10/31/11 12 sessions
De-ported 6/2012
clear CT 7/2012
Clear colonoscopy 9/2012

Postie

Postby Postie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Ok many thanks for your good replies, I have booked doctors for Monday.

Surroundedbylove

Postby Surroundedbylove » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Welcome to the board. None of us are physicians and we can't diagnose over the internet (well some are but they don't post advice on the board). :-) Your symptoms could be many things but yes they are the kind of symptoms that could be colon cancer. I'd suggest making an appointment with a doctor, printing the symptoms of colon cancer from Colon Cancer Alliance http://www.ccalliance.org/colorectal_ca ... ptoms.html

and asking your doctor for a referral for a colonoscopy. While uncommon to be diagnosed under the age of 50, there has been an increase in diagnoses of people under 50 and there are also genetic conditions that predispose people and in those conditions it is more common to be diagnosed at younger ages. Bottom line (no pun inteneded) - be the squeaky wheel and get the symptoms really checked out.

SBL
Surroundedbylove

Rectal Cancer @ 43, '08
Clinical: T3,N2a,MX (IIIB)
6 wks XELOX & radiation
LAR, colonic j-pouch, & temp ileo '09
Surgical: ypT3,ypN0,ypMX (0 of 20 nodes)
FOLFOX; XELOX
Ileo Takedown ‘09
LARS for 10 years before learning it is finally being studied
InterStim Sacral Nerve Neuromodulator 2019

Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Postby Terry » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 pm

This could be a diet problem, hemorrhoids, colitis or other things, but it's best to get it checked out because as you can see there those your age and younger that do get this disease. MAKE the doctor listen to you, don't take no for an answer tell him/her you want a scope. Take a printout of the ages of people on her that may help.

Better safe than sorry!

Prayers for you!
Terry
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

SkiFletch
Facebook Username: Michael Fletcher

Postby SkiFletch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Well Postie, the short answer to your question is that you do have a problem. A series of them actually. The blood in the stool being the most obvious one should send you do a Dr immediately. If you have one and don't need a referral, go straight to a gastroenerolotist (GI). If not, go see your primary. You should never, ever mess with blood in your stool. It could be something just annoying and harmless like hemrrhoids or an anal fissure; it could be something more serious and nefarious like crohns or colitis; and still it could be something very serious like colon cancer. The only person who can diagnose that though is a Dr, not a forum of well meaning internet support folks ;). Make sure whatever Dr you see knows about your blood in the stool. That should be an immediate colonoscopy despite your age. If your doc tries to blow you off, find another one who will listen. And don't hesitate cause you're worried about the scope. Everyone here will tell you that the prep is the "worst" part and even that isn't too bad. You just crap a lot for an evening. You won't feel or remember a thing on the scope day, the drugs are really good. So go see a Dr and get this checked out now, before you end up like too many of us with late stage colon cancer even at a young age. Will hope/pray that you don't need our services beyond thsi post :)
11/13/09 5cm Stage IV 9/25 lymph nodes w/2cm peritoneal met at 29 YoA
12/15/09 LA right hemi-colectomy
6/16/10 Folfox FINISHED
8/10/10 Prophylactic HIPEC
10/9/10 got Married :D
Still NED and living life to the fullest

"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life."

Postie

Postby Postie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks guys and good look to your all

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”