Questionable?????????????????

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Gayla

Questionable?????????????????

Postby Gayla » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:56 am

I had my colonoscopy done this past Tuesday. My Dr said he thought everything looked good, but, he saw one place that was questionable, he took a biopsy. Has anyone ever had their Dr tell them that?

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Biopsy

Postby Edward » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:52 pm

Were there any polyps removed? A positive thing is that the doctor is not leaving a stone unturned. The biggest concer is missing polyps.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Terry Miller

????????????????????????

Postby Terry Miller » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:08 pm

Hi Gayla,
I heard the same thing following my first colonoscopy in 1999. I had a questionable spot in the rectum. In addition, I had a Stage 1 tumor on the ascending colon. Prior to surgery I had a sigmoidoscopy to check the rectum once again. The doctor said it might be the earliest stage of a developing polyp. I had my colon resection (18" removed). In 2000, I had my first follow up colonoscopy and the spot in the rectum had developed into a very small polyp that was successfully removed. I've had colonoscopies in 2002 and 2005 with no additional polyps. I know that the unknown can drive a person nuts. The important thing to remember is that the early diagnosis of colon polyps can eliminate almost all instances of colon cancer. You are right to be concerned, but concern should never give way to worry. Good luck, good health, and keep taking good care of yourself.
Sincerely,
Terry

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”