March COLORECTAL CANCER AWARENESS MONTH LET'S PARTY!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
eitter

March COLORECTAL CANCER AWARENESS MONTH LET'S PARTY!!

Postby eitter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Who is excited! I am rallying the TROOPS! Let's make sure EVERYONE we run into knows all about ColoRectal Cancer! Tomorrow is Dress in Blue Day and if you have Blue Stars hand them out!

So what will YOU do differently this month?!

Here is what I am doing:

-Tonight is my ColoRectal Cancer Support Group and I have presents for everyone!
-Tomorrow I will war Blue and hand out AT LEAST 10 Blue Stars!
-I am going to DC on Sunday to tell Congress what they need to do with funding and legislation!
-BUTT IN, I will give you the dates when I return from DC, but all of you can call Congress on this day and let our voices be heard!
My FaceBook Profile picture is really Cool thinks to Bill L!!!! And Everyday on FaceBook I will give a statistic about ColoRectal Cancer!!!!
MAYBE just MAYBE head back to DC for the March 28th Rally, I Really want too!!!!

So what are you doing?!
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

KarMel
Facebook Username: Karin Gray

Re: March COLORECTAL CANCER AWARENESS MONTH LET'S PARTY!!

Postby KarMel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:08 pm

I made blue star necklaces/pendants. I will post a picture here, as soon as I figure how to do that.
:?
Stage IV, April 2009.
Treatments...multiple .
Currently none
"It is well, with my soul"

SoConfused

Postby SoConfused » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:18 pm

I am wearing blue to work today ... and plan to take my blue outfit out on the town this evening as well.
Stage IV CC

Future_Med

Postby Future_Med » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Wore blue yesterday for Dress In Blue Day. Even had some blue hair gel that I used to make my hair blue (unfortunately would have had a greater effect if my hair weren't so dark)
Love your plan to post a fact/statistic about CRC every day on Facebook, may have to do that as well.
Will be walking the survivor's lap at my school's Relay for Life on the 16th and you can bet I'll be wearing blue and letting everyone know about colon cancer when I do so.

Not sure what else I'll be doing, but I'm sure I'll think of more things as the month goes on.

Aideen
Diagnosed colon cancer Stage 1 November 30, 2010 Age: 27
Collectomy December 24th, 2010
Genetic Testing back December 19th 2011. Familial Adenomatous Polyposis confirmed

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”