Not to worry - I'm about halfway home and in a much better mood than when Icesk8tr saw me earlier today.
Dr. Personality is a really aggressive oncologist.
She is the kind of person who sees a potential issue and decides it MUST be dealt with, ASAP.
Sometimes that's a good thing.
Other times, it can make for a very frustrating day - and makes me very glad that I have a mult-skilled team of docs.
She has always been uncomfortable with my persistent urinary issues...so uncomfortable that, unlike the other areas of my body, she refers to my "problems down there." Seriously.
after the septicemia from my hospitalization at Thanksgiving, my good kidney is now hydronephrotic (slightly) and they're worried that the tumor outside of the sacral spine could be slightly obstructing the ureter. She wanted to admit me, today, for kidney stent placement. Except, as Dr. Birkenstocks the urologist calmly explained, my chances of losing kidney function emergently are kinda slim and none because I get bloodwork weekly and any decrease in my urinary output would show up right away because I'm incontinet. So, in his opinion, I could safely come home, monitor w/bloodwork, sonograms and common sense, and see if things get worse or resolve.
I opted for watchful waiting, chemo on Wednesday, and new scans in 8 weeks.
She's pissed that this is what I chose, but life is full of little disappointments. And I am not back in the day spa - at least not this month.