Call on Congress - States coming so far

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Re: Call on Congress - States coming so far

Postby NWgirl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:35 pm

I know that David Dubin (Mr. January 2012) will be there - he's great - you all will love him! I don't know if any of the other past/present Colondar Models will be there or not - I know a number of them were going to try to make it. I'm SO looking forward to meeting all of you!!!!
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

Gaelen

Postby Gaelen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm

For anyone who's still on the fence - you've got a bit more than 48 hours to register.

About a week ago, FightCRC asked me to begin contributing to their site's blogs.
I decided that my first piece would be something about why I make Call on Congress a priority trip every year. I learned after my first time that you just can't top the in-person impression you will make as part of the Call On Congress delegation.

Please consider joining us if you can.
And if you can't, stay on the look out for the virtual Call on lobbying day - where you can participate from anywhere!
Be in harmony with your expectations. - Life Out Loud
4/04: dx'd @48 StageIV RectalCA w/9 liver mets. 8 chemos, 4 surgeries, last remission 34 mos.
2/11 recurrence R lung, spinal bone mets - chemo, RFA lung mets
4/12 stopped treatment

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:50 am

Hi all:

OK, I know these couple of questions are going to be annoying as H*LL, but I have to ask: If I come, and stay with a friend outside of DC, how would I find you guys? Does anyone have a link for the registration? Given that my husband is doing so well, and it won't be his chemo time, I'm going to try to do it.

Thanks if you can let me know.

Bev
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:08 am

Hi:

OK, I'm going, just registered. I will be staying with a friend (hopefully) In VA, so I'll just need to know where to meet up with you guys who are going. Yippeeeee! I can't wait to meet everyone.
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

Gaelen

Postby Gaelen » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:47 am

Bev, the host hotel is the Key Bridge Marriot in Arlington VA, at 1401 Lee Highway - Arlington, 22209.

CoC provides dinner Monday night (I really need to download an agenda), that's included in the registration fee. I don't think there are a lot of intro-speaker things going on; that dinner is pretty relaxed and it's designed for socializing. It, like the other provided meals, will be at the hotel.

We could have a Colon Club table. ;)
4/04: dx'd @48 StageIV RectalCA w/9 liver mets. 8 chemos, 4 surgeries, last remission 34 mos.
4/12 stopped treatment

RayGirl

Postby RayGirl » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm going! Can I sit at the colon club table?
Stage III Rectal: T3, 3/21 Nodes
dxn:Feb-10
Radiation&Xeloda
7.5 hr surgery
12th FOLFOX Nov-10
Takedown:Jan-11

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Gaelen

Postby Gaelen » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Absolutely, Raygirl - maybe we need a little "CC" on our name badges so we can find each other in the crowd. ;)
4/12 stopped treatment

NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Postby NWgirl » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Gaelen - great idea - should we just put a little "CC" next to or under our name? I want to meet you all!!!! I'm so excited!
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

RayGirl

Postby RayGirl » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Note for next year- do not wait to the last minute to book room for event. They sold out of the group rate for Monday and Wednesday night!!!
Radiation&Xeloda
7.5 hr surgery
12th FOLFOX Nov-10

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

eitter

Postby eitter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 pm

RayGirl wrote:Note for next year- do not wait to the last minute to book room for event. They sold out of the group rate for Monday and Wednesday night!!!

PLEASE write to Carlea the preseident, they had sold out for Sat and Sun and she called the hotel and had them open more rooms, so all is not lost!
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

eitter

Postby eitter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:45 pm

eitter wrote:
RayGirl wrote:Note for next year- do not wait to the last minute to book room for event. They sold out of the group rate for Monday and Wednesday night!!!

PLEASE write to Carlea the preseident, they had sold out for Sat and Sun and she called the hotel and had them open more rooms, so all is not lost!

So I wrote to Carlea the President and she said they are working on adding rooms, so maybe by the end of the day there should be more rooms!
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

RayGirl

Postby RayGirl » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:38 pm

eitter wrote:So I wrote to Carlea the President and she said they are working on adding rooms, so maybe by the end of the day there should be more rooms!

I'll try again tonight. I did a room for Monday (reduced but not as good as group rate) and Tuesday night. So I will have some place to lay my head those nights! Wednesday night I do have a few friends in the city that I will use as back up, their location just isn't that great.

Just seems strange that the middle night is the one that was available. I would have guessed it would have been the most likely over booked.

Update- already tried again and it worked! I now have room for the three nights! Yeah!
Radiation&Xeloda
7.5 hr surgery
12th FOLFOX Nov-10

Kathryn in MN
Facebook Username: Kathryn Finn-Blume

Postby Kathryn in MN » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:29 am

I wish I'd been back on here earlier - I didn't know anyone signed up last minute that was having trouble getting a room. I am still looking for a roommate and have an industry rate that is a few dollars better than the group rate. I cannot afford a room to myself even at my industry rate.

I'm going early and plan to participate in the DDNC (Digestive Disease) Public Policy Forum Sunday and Monday (finishes by registration time for Call on Congress for Colorectal Cancer). Their hotel group rate is even higher yet! Got the bad news today that one of our vehicles needs a new radiator - with hoses and labor, over $700. OUCH! It will be done tomorrow for us to pick up. Now I really shouldn't even be going on this trip. But I'm not giving it up - it is too important.

I think I'm going to end up staying at the HI hostel in D.C. and commuting to the other two hotels that are holding the events. It is just 8 blocks off the mall - good location. My oldest daughter has stayed there multiple times leading her tour groups, and recommends it. More my price range now that my budget is shrinking even more... I did have a very generous offer to stay with someone that commutes to DC for work each day, but not knowing how late the evenings will run, I didn't want to put her out picking me up. They live 15 minutes drive from the metro.

I'm excited to see Bev and Raygirl are going too! I look forward to meeting all of you!
CRC AUG09 Age 47
Sig Res T4a N2a Mx, KRAS mut codon13
Mets bones & nodes
FOLFOX, FOLFIRI, Avastin, Radiation
Irinotecan, Zaltrap & STAR RFA
APR13 pleurisy & ascites - more chemo & draining
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kathrynblume

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”