Anyone having wicked headaches?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
sue kidera

Anyone having wicked headaches?

Postby sue kidera » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi everyone, I just finished treatment #9 and the past two times I have had a really painful headache about 4 days after. (I am on folfox 6 plus avastin).
It is pretty much a skull-ache mostly in the back of the head near my neck. Last time it went away eventually and this one also seems to be fading a bit now. My doc seems to think it is an unusual side effect.

Any one else experience headaches? Thanks Sue

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:59 pm

HI there!
I got very bad headaches the day before chemo and then about 3 days afterwards. Sometimes I think it was sinus realted. My doctors chalked it up to stress and anxiety of going for chemo. Sounds like yours are tension headaces which could be realted to Chemo. Hope this helps hang in there.. ETL

Fishy

Postby Fishy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:47 pm

hi sue, the first two days after treatment, i usually wake up with slight headaches, they usually go away within a few hours. i found that if i drink a whole lot of water the nights before, the headaches are less intense or sometimes i don't get them.also, does anyone get the "eye burns" ???after chemo,when i wake up my eyes burn and sting and are all watery and it takes about 30 seconds for my vision to clear. i've also noticed my vision getting progressively worse.it must be a chemo side effect, cuz it only happens the first few days after chemo.
Jenny Fish

michele

anyone having wicked headaches

Postby michele » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:01 pm

I have had some headaches also. Some I think are tension and some I think are blood pressure related (it went up with the Avastin after the first treatment).

I also have had stinging, watery eyes with some visual changes. I think this is from the steriods, but could just be from chemo.

michele
Diagnosed Dec 2005 stage 3C
LAR Dec 2005
Mom finished chemo for stage 3B Jan 2006
I had chemo Feb 2006-Aug 2007
Currently NED

sue

eyes

Postby sue » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:13 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone. I do have eye pain and I'm pretty sure it is from the Oxiliplaten. It is only when I cry. (I guess I shouldn't cry but sometimes I can't help it)

These headaches are different from the ones I got at the beginning right during treatment. I have been able to alleviate those also with lots of water. I will check my blood pressure next time and see if it is up. I have a feeling it is related to the Avastin. Thanks again for your helpful posts. Sue

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:31 am

Do you have a Port installed in your chest? If you do, you may want to have a nurse make certain it is functioning correctly. I have heard of patients commenting on headaches and neck pain which was later alleviated after their Port was un blocked.

Rochelle

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”