Bronchoscopy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Fanatik
Facebook Username: Scott Stephens

Bronchoscopy

Postby Fanatik » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:28 pm

I know this is off topic, but I am going to have a bronchoscopy tomorrow and am having a bit of anxiety over it.... I was just wondering if anyone else here has had this procedure... I know it's not cancer related (I'm hoping anyways) and was just wondering if anyone can give me some insight into this procedure... I hate to just google it because I think we all know where that can lead to (sleepless nights and such)..... If this is too far OT for the board, I won't get my feelings hurt if the admins remove it, it's just you guys have been my best support group in the past and I don't know where else to turn right now... thanks folks...
DX Rectal Cancer T1N0M0 1-22-2010
TEM (transanal endoscopic microsurgery) 2-19-2010
Pathology shows clear margins, no vascular involvment 2-24-2010
No immediate need for Chemo/Radiation
Close watch for now
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/Geekfireman

CRguy

Re: Bronchoscopy

Postby CRguy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Sorry cannot recall who may have had one but I know a few CClubbers have been scoped thru the "front" door :shock: so to speak, so I don't think it is O/T at all. (if you are concerned tho' just add an "O/T" to the title of your topic)
I am sure someone has some first hand info to share, but if not...you get to tell us.
Good scopin' buddy.

Cheers
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Bob in Watson

Re: Bronchoscopy

Postby Bob in Watson » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 pm

I've had two related to biopsy of lung nodules. Absolutely no big deal. They give a sedative and you are in a semi-sleep. I had two because the nodule was too small to access on the first one. The second one was successful (well, partially so, as the biopsy came back positive for cancer). I was actually awake for the entire second one, but even then, there was no pain and no anxiety. I felt no after effects at all. Nothing to sweat.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”