New to group

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
TheresaM

New to group

Postby TheresaM » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:36 pm

Hi Everyone: Jut came upon this site by accident tonight and looks really interesting. I was diagnosed with CC, stage 1V in May/05. Mets to 12 of 14 lymph nodes and also left ovary which was removed at time of resection surgery. Went through Folfori at Windsor RegionalCancer Centre in Windsor Ontario Canada for 6 sessions-12 treatments and 1 session of Folfox as CT indicated a new 3CM tumour below right ovary as well as a few new small lesions . Folfox and I did not get along, therefore Doc felt I needed a rest and I am now going to restart on April 10/06 for 6 sessions as tumour has grown to 5 cm. I feel great, appetite good, been without colds, flu etc through the entire winter so I think now is the best time to give it another go.

I will check in often for info as even though there are a lot of people diagnosed with CC, I know of very few, therefore any comments here will be of great value to me.

Sorry for the long spiel.

Theresa :lol:

Christine

Postby Christine » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:22 pm

Welcome to the Colon Club Theresa. It's a great source of support and information. I'm also stage IV - there are quite of few of us on this board. My mets are on the liver though. I'm currently in treatment (folfox with avastin) and have been since December - just waiting to see how it goes.

Christine
http://coloncancersucksass.blogspot.com

Theresa

Postby Theresa » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi Christine:

Thanks for the welcome. I will be starting the Folfox on Monday Apr. 10th.

A little anxious about that. I had one treatment in January but was taken off for a bit, so now I start again. This time for real.

How are you getting along with your treatment and how much longer?

I find this site extremely informative. You're right - a lot of stage 1V-
Knowing there are so many others at the same stage with the same after affects of surgery etc who seem to be doing well dispite the side effects of chemo is re-assuring that everything will work out in time. That's how we live isn't it---One day at a time.

Theresa

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”