Insurance

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

Insurance

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:44 pm

Having survived stage 4 colon cancer at the age of 38, and now being a 5+ year survivor, I don't know if I will survive the medical bills and the insurance companies. Anyone with good information on how to keep track of medical bills and insurance? I have always had insurance, most of the time covered by 2 policies, but I'm still dealing with medical bills.
And I don't see it ending...

Thanks

Fishy

Postby Fishy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:11 pm

i've been dealing with medical bills for four years (3 of the 4 years i've had two insurance policies). you're right , it never seems to end. they are constantly billing wrong,or trying to get money they've already collected. i've been sent to collections and court once, because i kept disputing bills, and they just send me off to collections instead of justifying their billing. it's maddening,but i've been unable to find any help. if you have NO insurance,there's many places that will help you get your bills written off, but if you have insurance, i've found it impossible to get help. i did see an actual software program for keeping track of medical bills. i didn't buy it, but you should be able to find the software if you google it. if anyone out there does know of any agencies that help with medical/insurance problems, let me know.
Jenny Fish

crystalcherubs

Re: Insurance

Postby crystalcherubs » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:06 pm

Lets see..I filed bankruptcy. I know..everyone fears that..but how can I go on living my life and never be able to afford to live. It didn't stop me from buying a house this year.....do what you have to do...Bankruptcy is there for valid reasons...almost dying is one.

Thanks[/quote]

Jen

Postby Jen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:17 pm

I read a book called Diagnosis Cancer: Your Guide to the First Few Months, by Wendy Schlessel Harpham. It references a company out there that can deal with your insurance paperwork for you if it gets too overwhelming. I don't remember the name fo the company, and I don't have the book anymore, but you might try paging through it in a bookstore to get the name.

josephineguycj@surewest.n

Postby josephineguycj@surewest.n » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:26 am

Give me your questions, let me see what I can do to help you. I have 20 years experience with insurance billing.
My mother died at age 59 (7 years ago with Colon cancer). Email me at
brg2663@surewest.net

Tell me what state you live in and what insurances you have.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”