What do you think ?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
vickki

What do you think ?

Postby vickki » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi All
hey I wanted to share how I have been feeling this past week ...
it will almost be a year that I had surgery and I have finished chemo during x mass ...this week I have been having the same pain in my right side like I had before I was told I had Cancer also I have been Having diarrhea ...I have herd that if a cancer is to come back it would likely come back in the same location ..and would it it happen so soon after finishing Chemo?...My Family Dr is setting up my 1st year after colonoscopy no date set yet ..and I will see my oncologist the 18 of April for my 3 month follow up ...do you think I should Wait until then or bring it to someones attention now ....this is driving me crazy what should I do ........ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE
Thanks
Vicki........
STAGE 3 .LYMPH 3+OUT OF 8 ..APRIL 2007..
RIGHT HEMI . 2007. found out I have LYNCH
did 6 MONTS OF CHEMO ON DEC 24 /07 ..FOLFOX+ CETUXIMAB
elective Hysterectomy a tumor was found on fallopian tube .
July 1st 2012 age 40 now new tumor found ?

Jeremiah

Pain

Postby Jeremiah » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Cancer tumors don't typically cause sharp pains. (Don't start sending me hate messages hehehe, I know that it is possible depending on size and placement, etc...) I have a situation that is similar to yours and the pain could be irritable bowel, chrones, ulcers, etc. The best thing is to definitely get it checked out. The stories I hear are that colon cancer does not typically come back very very fast.....at the very least you will most likely catch it almost immediately with the followup scans and colonoscopies you will be doing.

For sure, check out the pain and hang in there. I had pains before diagnosis but it went away for almost 2 years but did return. I have had numerous scans and colonoscopies and all is clear in the colon area. My doct is starting to think I have irritable bowel on top of everything else.
Jeremiah Moore
Stg 4 Colon Cancer: Diag. Apr 18, 06 at Age 32
Personal Website
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistant one." -Albert Einstein

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:46 pm

I want to tell you that what you are going thru is completely normal!! I finished chemo in Jan 07 and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about a reoccurance! Every ache, pain, twitch, change in BM, change in appetite makes me worry. Remember that you are human though...and that "normal/healthy" people get diarrhea, headaches, coughs etc.

However, for your peace of mind...call your doctor and ask him/her if you should come in early. It may be just a simple bug or infection that can be easily taken care of. It may be stress...but take care of your body.

vickki

Postby vickki » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi Again
Thanks for the advice ....I just wanted to let you know the Hospital called today and my colonoscopy is scheduled for April 9th ...I have been still having the pain in my side going out in to my back ..if it gets any worse I will go to the Dr again ....Oh and I go back to work tomorrow i`m scared and also excited... it`s only a 3 hr shift and another shift of 3 hr`s on Friday ....
I just want to take things slow for now and the people I work for are great and are very accommodating ...any way have a great day everyone ....we have lots off snow today 15 to 20 cm Sucks :?
vickki
STAGE 3 .LYMPH 3+OUT OF 8 ..APRIL 2007..
RIGHT HEMI . 2007. found out I have LYNCH
did 6 MONTS OF CHEMO ON DEC 24 /07 ..FOLFOX+ CETUXIMAB
elective Hysterectomy a tumor was found on fallopian tube .
July 1st 2012 age 40 now new tumor found ?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”