Need some info please

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Gayla

Need some info please

Postby Gayla » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:56 am

Hello, I found your site a few weeks ago as I was looking up info on colon problems. I have not been diagnosed with colon cancer. A few months ago I started feeling really bad, no energy, sick at my stomach all of the time. I went to my doctor and he determined that my gallbladder was not working so I had it taken out March the 1st. Since that time I have really gone down hill. I have lost 32 lbs in the last 4 weeks. I finally went to a GI doctor. He ran a scope down into my stomach. He found several polyps but they came back ok. He also done a ultra sound. He called me day before yesterday and said that he needed to do a CT and a colonoscopy. Just wondering if anyone has had the same symptoms as I. I have been very consitpated, I have taken MOM, sometimes it takes several doses to even go a little, then it does not relieve me, no energy, still can not eat much because and hour to an hour and a half later I start getting nausea and pain, I have seen some blood in my stool. I guess I am just a little worried.

Thank you for this site and Thank you for your time.

michele

need some info please

Postby michele » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 pm

I would definetely get the colonoscopy done as soon as you can. I also had a lot of constipation issues and pain with some blood in stools. I was also anemic which made me tired.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated. I hope all is well.

michele
Diagnosed Dec 2005 stage 3C
LAR Dec 2005
Mom finished chemo for stage 3B Jan 2006
I had chemo Feb 2006-Aug 2007
Currently NED

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:39 pm

Get a colonoscopy immediately!!!! My brother had the exact same symptoms...lost 30 pounds...couldn't eat....only he had diahrrea instead of the constipation. He let it go and go and go and ended up with stage IV.

Not that this may be the case for you, but you must get it checked immediately to rule it out. Stay positive and proactive! When is your colonoscopy scheduled for???

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”