Colonoscopy Update

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
july181998

Colonoscopy Update

Postby july181998 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi Holly & Everyone who replied to my posting:

Well I had my colonoscopy on yesterday (my 7th), and yes, I had some more polyps. Afterwards they showed me what they looked like. They were extremely small, I pictured them differently. I had one in the sigmoid colon and the rest were in my rectum. They actually put them inside a small container. I should have my results in a week or so. I'm assuming my GI doc didn't seem too concern, for he didn't come and see me in recovery. Is this good or bad? Do you think that if my doc was suspicious of the polyps, he would of came to see me? I know that this is definitely hereditary. It scares me, but at the same time, I know that if I continue to keep an eye on it (yearly scopes), I should (will) be fine. Everyday, I just hope and pray that I am cured of these polyps, and think of my children and what they might have to go through. Again, thanks for checking in with me.

This board is awesome. Look forward to hearing from everyone soon

Ron50

scopes

Postby Ron50 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi,
I have had seven scopes in the last 8 years. On average they remove a polyp or two every second scope and none have become anywhere near cancerous in that time . Good luck with your results,I have no doubts that they will be fine. PS I have a bad habit of waking during the scopes and have seen them removing the polyps, it is the trip home I can never remember,Ron.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”