Sandy is in hospital

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mpeters6

Sandy is in hospital

Postby mpeters6 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:20 am

Sandy just called me from the hospital. She has been admitted with multiple blood clots in her lungs. She is scared and worn out. They are running lots of tests. I will let her give you the details. Her husband is bringing her laptop and she will update when she can. Just wanted to let you know.
Michele
Stage III Colon Cancer; dx 8/8/07, at the age of 36; sigmoid colectomy 8/13/07; Finished 11 Rounds of Folfox 2/08; currently NED

http://michelepeters.blogspot.com

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:07 pm

sending prayers and good vibes for sandy. hope she will be ok.

missjv

lorrainem
Facebook Username: https://www.facebook.com/lorraineaminogue

Postby lorrainem » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:14 pm

More prayers for Sandy!
Chemorad/Surgery/Chemo
Stage II, no mets, no nodes NED 05/08 again 08/08 again 11/08
Ileostomy reversal 10/16/08

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:41 pm

Sandy,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you are able to get beyond this very soon and be home.

God Bless you

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Jeremiah

Scare

Postby Jeremiah » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:49 pm

This scares me so much. I pray pray pray that everything will be ok. I'm just so mad at this disease and I want to run around screaming at everyone and everything until someone finds a cure.

As mentioned too many time before, I am stage 4 colon cancer, had mets to liver, took care of most everything and was pretty clean for about a year but now am back with multiple spots in liver, lungs, lymph nodes, pretty much everywhere. My cough is getting worse and worse, my fatigue...the same. I am just scared for the folks mentioned in all of these posts and I fear that I will be making a trip to the hospital as well.

I hope and pray that everything will be ok and have you in every thought that I have, and please believe that when I say it.
Jeremiah Moore
Stg 4 Colon Cancer: Diag. Apr 18, 06 at Age 32
Personal Website
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistant one." -Albert Einstein

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 am

Jeremiah,

Sandy does not have cancer, she has divertricilous, she will be having surgery sometime in the future to correct that problem. I don't believe her divertricilous has anything with her current situation, but I'm not sure either.

Hope she's doing o.k.

Lee
46 yrs old at diagnoses
radiation - 6 weeks
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:50 am

Jeremiah,

Don't give up the fight. What are they able to do for you?

I will be praying for you,

Lee
46 yrs old at diagnoses
radiation - 6 weeks
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX

sandym

Postby sandym » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:20 pm

Hi all, finally home today and feeling much better but tired from being in the hospital all week. I have 2 PE (pulmunary embolisms) in the lower lobes of both lungs and they are very small. Lungs are clear of anything else including tumors!!! YAH!!! Also they found a blood clot in the neck area which is causing some swelling and several clots running down the left arm which probably has been causing the arm pain the last several months. I am currently on 5 mg of cumadin per day, have had several lovernox shots while in the hospital (my tummy looks like I have been beat up) and am on a small dose of pain meds since these darn clots hurt like you know what. I am breathing fine, no more shortness of breath and can finally lay down without pain. Chemo (FOLFIRI) will resume on Tuesday this week at a reduced dose for the next 5 and final treatments. I feel pretty good, having a little bone pain from a Nuprogen shot yesterday. My white counts and platlets dropped to almost nothing but were fine today after the shot. So overalll I feel lucky and glad they didn't find anything else to serious. Hopefully the clots will dissolve and things will run smoothly for the next 5 treatments.
43 Year Old Female/Mom/Wife
Colon Resection/Hysterctomy Oct 08/2 Ports Surgeries
Folfox/Folfiri/Cisplatin/Irinotecan/Xeloda
Who knows what now?

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:18 pm

hi jeremiah,
im sorry you are going through so much crap after doing so good and you must be so upset but hang in there. i recently had a lung met pop up and thank god it is now gone if it even was a met still questionable but i did some chemo treatments and it was gone by the next scan so i am assuming it was the cancer. so far my liver has been clean it has been 15 months since liver resection and so far so good. i just hate wondering all the time where the crap will pop up next and if it will respond to chemo or can be surgically removed this cancer really sucks and someone does need to come up with a cure and quickly. are you on any chemo? can mets be removed by rfa? you are a young guy there has got to be something that can be done. you are on my prayer list with everyone else on this board battling this disease and i have 2 very good friends 1 with lung cancer and 1 with brain cancer who are going through some rough times as well i just don't understand all the young people who are getting cancer it is just not right.

missjv

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:27 pm

Sandy,

I'm glad your home, but I must admit, I believe I have you confused with someone else. I thought you had divertricilous and not cancer. So when I read about you resuming treatment, realized I was wrong.

I will ask you, do they know where the blood clots are coming from? I was recently diagnosed with clots in one of my legs (P.A.D.), and will be following up on this. I'm convinced this is a result of radiation damage.

Glad you're home,

Lee
46 yrs old at diagnoses
radiation - 6 weeks
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”