Neuropathy - How would you describe it

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Joy

Re: Neuropathy - How would you describe it

Postby Joy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:56 am

Love the cartoons. Showed them to hubby!
I have been tryng for years to explain to him that "I have no idea where my feet are" :D

On one fall down a flight of stairs (lucky I only bruised by posterior) Hubby said "please quit doing that you scared ME".

Yup...I throw myself down stairs because I LIKE IT..and I want to scare you :D
Joy
Stage III rectal cancer 2 nodes out of 19
LAR January 4th 2006
2 rounds of FOLFOX
28 continuous radiation with continuous 5FU
6 rounds of FOLFOX
NED

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:16 am

Joy wrote:Love the cartoons. Showed them to hubby!
I have been tryng for years to explain to him that "I have no idea where my feet are" :D

On one fall down a flight of stairs (lucky I only bruised by posterior) Hubby said "please quit doing that you scared ME".

Yup...I throw myself down stairs because I LIKE IT..and I want to scare you :D

:) :) I've got one exactly like that at home, too. :roll: He hated getting cancer more than I did, and he didn't even get it! It IS verrrrrrry inconvenient for him, though :wink:

Good luck on those stairs!

Bev
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

Joy

Postby Joy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:30 am

Bev...Don't get me going :D Hubby had a hip replacement done at the same time as I was going through Chemo.
He came with me to all my Oncologist appointment and I swear to gawd he told everyone (in detail) in the cancer clinic about his darned Hip surgery.

I sometimes thought that he was a little "put-out" that I was getting attention! Yup I got Cancer just so I would get attention :D

I have been diagnosed with a secondary cancer CLL (chronic lymph leukemia) and MDS bone marrow failure....I AM REALLY TRYING TOO HARD TO GET ATTENTION :D
Joy
LAR January 4th 2006
2 rounds of FOLFOX
6 rounds of FOLFOX
NED

Bev G

Postby Bev G » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Joy wrote:Bev...Don't get me going :D Hubby had a hip replacement done at the same time as I was going through Chemo.
He came with me to all my Oncologist appointment and I swear to gawd he told everyone (in detail) in the cancer clinic about his darned Hip surgery.

I sometimes thought that he was a little "put-out" that I was getting attention! Yup I got Cancer just so I would get attention :D

I have been diagnosed with a secondary cancer CLL (chronic lymph leukemia) and MDS bone marrow failure....I AM REALLY TRYING TOO HARD TO GET ATTENTION :D

Oh my God, Joy. Please feel free to call me ANYTIME you need some attention, I'll be more than happy to give you some! And may I send my husband to your husband? Misery loves company, right? So, what's up with that CLL, if you feel like saying? Is that more chemo?

Please be well,

Bev
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years

Joy

Postby Joy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Bev: CLL is "usually" a slow growing form of B cell leukemia. I say "usually" because like all cancers it is unpredictable. There is NO cure so most patients are put on a watch and wait until such times as the disease advanced to a stage that Chemo is recommended. The only known cure is a Stem cell transplant but the average age of patients is over 65 and this makes stem cell not a feasible option for most patients. I have MDS (bone marrow failure - aneamia) which I have been told is a direct cause of past chemo treatment, and the icing on the cake is that my kidneys have also been damaged.

I watch and worry....and just hope that the CLL doesn't rear its ugly head...or that I don't get some kind of infection because of my compromised immune system.

On the "bright side" it has been over 5 years since my first diagnosis with rectal cancer :D

I have reached the ripe old age of 65.....planning on making it to 95 :D
Joy
LAR January 4th 2006
2 rounds of FOLFOX
6 rounds of FOLFOX
NED

Bev G

Postby Bev G » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Wow, Joy. That's so much you've been through/are going through. I will hope and pray for you that leukemia doesn't become an issue. Really, PM me anytime if you feel like "talking".

Virtual hugs to you, and a kick in the tush to your DH,

Bev
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”