Recovery From Bowel Obstruction--Advice?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Jachut
Facebook Username: hutchinson@aanet.com.au

Re: Recovery From Bowel Obstruction--Advice?

Postby Jachut » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:33 am

Iol just realized I'd already commented

dragontail2

Postby dragontail2 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Just recovering from first partial obstruction of small bowel obstruction. Surgeon said it was caused by adhesion.holy heck. What a ride in heck that was. On full liquid diet now. Will see MD in 2 days. Spent 5 days in hospital. He cut alot of adhesions and said many more need removing. I ate a bowel of baby carrots raw and no I chewed enough to swallow them only.won't do that again. Didn't get the nose hose, had an IV forever though. Gall bladder went bye bye also. Would have been nice to talk to dietition before leaving hospital. Had to go by what they feed me and internet to see what a full liq diet was though. Worried about adding foods while wanting to eat real food desperately. I'm a huge meat eater. Missing my grilled steak, meatloaf burgers and Mexican food. Can I ever eat normal again? I'm about ready to gnaw on my own arm and my dog is starting to look tasty! Sorry about all of you experiencing what you have. Any help or idea on soft diets? Hopefully he will let me pregress to that. I still feel bloated sometimes with liquids though I have been having stools.

jackYaacov

Postby jackYaacov » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:31 am

Had two bowel obstructions six weeks apart. Must stay on a low fiber diet from now on to do what i can to avoid another obstruction. Walking helps by keeping everything moving.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”