rachael

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mum

rachael

Postby mum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Racharl woke up today feeling a little less tired.Panic over the weekend she ran out of her happy meds.Her levels went to an all time low.I was really worried about her.We tried to get more meds for her and couldnt get a doctor to spare the time to give her a script. There is a box of unused meds in pantry. After Rachael shaken an anxious rummaged through yea found the meds with a follow up.She said dumb ole chemo brain failed and beat her self up over this.
Wow slow down Rach youve found what you needed and dont swet the small stuff was my response.Yip meds taken and today the calmness of thoughts.
She packed up her personal items and headed off in the car with her dad to Nelson (top of the south island ) for a few days.
My message to everyone is when you cant find something or the situation becomes complicated step back think out side of the square breath in the quiet calm.The answer will come and sometimes the answer to the problem could be right in the pantry cupboard.
Hope you all are all finding peace in your day or night.Bless you mum.
P S I am very sorry for my typo errors in all of my postings.The print is small and my new computer and I dont always keep up with one another.

jmarie
Facebook Username: Jessica Ramos Smith

Re: rachael

Postby jmarie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:05 pm

I had a similar dread this weekend. I forgot to refill my Lortab. I have dilaudid but the renders me useless, so I had to tough out the weekend until I could get my Onc to call it in.

It is hard when you feel like you are losing your mind, forgetting the little things. After being in tx for this long I have learned to laugh at my chemo brain incidents.
DX Stage IV 11/25/08
mets liver lung, kras mutant
Baby 2yrs old! I am 32yrs
Too many chemo txs to count
trying to find a clinical trial
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

mum

Re: rachael

Postby mum » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:01 pm

I think that mums get chemo brain its catching.Rachael forgets the little things like ensuring that certain meds are perscribed and picked up from pharmacy before they run out.
i ran down to the chemist for her meds. told to wait 15 mins for them only to be told the script had already been filled.Daaah Gave me time to sample a few perfumes while I filled in time.Left the pharmacy with a red face but left smelling like a rose.
Between the pair of us we manage to remember what the other one forgot.
Must be all of the 4 houirs I stay in the exposure of the chemo suite with Rachael obsorbing all of the airbourne chemo fumes inky smell aye .Or is it the early onset of brain aged related disorder.'No not that, Im much too young'!!!!!!!!

Another round of chemo for Rachael on Tuesday and the chemo brain begins again for us.

My son Andrew who passed over 4 years ago would have been 30 today.We so miss his presence he would have been a wonderful support, and he was so full of lifes joys.Here was a young man who knew how to live in the moment and lived life to the full.
We remember him with such love. A candle lit and some special prayers today for a special soul.
Prayers too for Rachael to find her strength and courage to achieve in life everything that is beautiful.
Our loving thoughts go out to each of you as we all have to live through this battle that effects so many people around the world. We are all connected, and walk beside each other.
Go well my friends Mum.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”