Wow, Finally a Place to call HOME

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
good2smile

Wow, Finally a Place to call HOME

Postby good2smile » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:41 pm

Wow, about time I find a "Colon Club". I have searched and searched and now, I have no more searching to do. I have found the right place to have with my "Cool-on Friends".

Let me just jump right in to let you know alittle about who I am.

My name is Becca and I am from Texas and at the age of 29 I was told I had Colon Cancer. (This was July 28, 2005) This day was such a shocker! On July 13th I went to the ER because my right side was hurting. Needless to say, weeks later and many doctors later I was told I had CCancer. I was not expecting anything like this. To me, it was my side hurting and how in the world can they say, I have colon cancer. I was only 29! Nothing was pointing to this nor did I have cancer in my family. Well after my surgery on Aug 12th I knew I had to put my life in order. I sit there in the hospital thinking of what I could do to help young people like me. I just knew there had to be someone else like me out there. Colon Cancer at 29 and I am a mother of three children with a wonderful husband at stage 3 of Colon Cancer. I wanted someone to talk to. At this point I did not have a "pitty" me party by all means. I was all positive and did not want to look back and see that I had any regrets. And I do not. This is a journey of life that I want to take and I am looking forward to the rewards I am going to have from all this. I hope to meet people and become friends with you all. I have a open heart and would love to take in some friendships.

Thanks Molly for all this,
Becca.... No not the family DOG! (ruff ruff)
"Two things I'm learning while Dancing with the Lord......Let him lead, and don't step on HIS toes!"

good2smile

Chemo Treatment

Postby good2smile » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Forgot to share with you all that I will start my chemo treatments on Wed, Sept 28th. They will last 4 hours.. Then I will have my little machine hooked to me for another 48 hours while at home. My chemo will be twice a week for 6 months. :D

Becca
"Two things I'm learning while Dancing with the Lord......Let him lead, and don't step on HIS toes!"

Rochelle

Welcome

Postby Rochelle » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:14 pm

I'm glad you found this site and know you will be able to share various perspectives with the members. Its a good thing to know that there are places to go for support to beat intermittent feelings of isolation resulting from this disease.

I am receiving chemo every other week Folfox Oxilaplatin, Leucavorin and Avastin-5 hours the first day at the hospital, then I take a 48 hour pack home which dispenses the rest of the treatment.

Take Care

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:37 pm

Welcome to the Colon Club! I am a 32 year old stage IV colon cancer survivor. This forum has brought me strength, motivation and inspiration. I have completed my treatment and I am grateful to be alive. Please do update us on your journey and congratulations on your SURVIVORSHIP!

Holly

Folfox

Postby Holly » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:06 pm

I have included this link which explains the differences in Folfox regimens.

http://www.factsandcomparisons.com/asse ... 05_ccu.pdf

cchamilton

YOUR NOT ALONE!

Postby cchamilton » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:56 pm

HEY BECCA-MY NAME IS COURTNEY AND I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH STAGE 3 COLON CANCER AT THE AGE OF 24. THEY HAD TO REMOVE 5 FEET OF COLON, AND I WENT THROUGH 6 ,MONTHS OF CHEMO. IT HAS ALMOST BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE MY DIAGNOSIS AND ALL TESTS HAVE BEEN CLEAR. KEEP YOUR POSITIVE OUTLOOK, YOUR GONNA HAVE GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS. AFTER THIS IS ALL OVER WITH, EVERY DAY WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! LOVE, COURTNEY

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”