Back from Deaths Door

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
preacher_man

Back from Deaths Door

Postby preacher_man » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:03 pm

My name is Severo Gonzales, Im age 50 and I am a Colon Cancer Survivor on 9-2-04. I was rushed to the emergency room because I was vomiting and feeling weak. They took some x rays and told me I had a mass blocking my large intestince. They put a tube in my nose to drain my stomach. Next day my doctor told me he would have to do Exploratory Surgery as soon as possible.

On 9-4-04 I had surgery. When I woke up I had a large incision on my stomach and a colostomy bag on my side. The doctor told me the test on my Lymph Glands came back positive for Cancer. One week after I got out of the hospital they had put a Portacat in my chest for the Chemo. I was scared about getting chemo, my brother had died of cancer one week after chemo. My sister also died of Overian Cancer. I was given a very aggressive form of chemo for my stage 3 cancer.

My chemo doctor ordered (Exoxatin) (5-Fluorouracil) (Leucovorin) for my treatment. I was dripped for 6hr and to wear a pump for 44hrs every other week for eight months. The side effects were Bad Depression, Loss of Appetite, Numbness in Fingers, Chemo Brain Night Sweats. How did I survive this? It was my faith on my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He was there to strengthen my wife and kids through what we were going through. He took away my fears and worries. I want you to that there is Hope in the Lord, put your trust into him.

On 4-19-05 I had surgery to remove the Colostomy Bag. Im feeling great now, Im back to work and I have a new purpose in life to tell others about what I went through and how I ever came in Jesus name.

You can Email me at: sevimmortal1@msn.com

Yours In Christ,
Severo

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:08 pm

Welcome to the Colon Club!

Glad you are back! Be well, stay positive and remember that all things are possible!

Hugs!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”