at first chemo right now

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
grasshopper

at first chemo right now

Postby grasshopper » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Hello all, I am sitting at my first FOLFOX4 treatment right now. Got here at 8 this morning ans should be out of here by 3 or so. Being it is my first time I am in a private room, the door is open and the rest of us(treatment) people are all sitting about ten feet away. The nurse explained to me that these people are here for more than just cancer, colitis, blood tranfusions, and ALS. The nurse has been greast with a ton of infomation paperwork to take as she did explain it all. The thing I noticed most is that they keep telling me that if any symptoms arise that I can call any time and they will promptly give a perscription for whatever I need(nause, pain or anything) which shows me how comitted to my treatment they are. As I stated earlier being a firefighter getting back to work before the city tries to fire me is important, also a have a terrible case ADHD. The clinic here saud they are willing to move my three day chemo treatment + or - a day to help me with my work schedule as I am starting on a W TH F schedule to start. So I will talk more as things progress, Thanks for all the support and comments.
Joel, 39, married 2 children.
6/9/11 First scope, DX cancer
6/10/11 Colon resection, raquetball size tumor
6/13/11 Pathology posotive in lymph
6/24/11 PET scan, port implanted, chest biopsy
6/27/11 Chest patho negative
6/29/11 First chemo FOLFOX4

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”