March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

Postby Holly » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:53 pm

Good Evening Colon Club,

One of my labors of love for March 2006 was to send proclamation requests to each and every state governor in the United States. It is my belief that through effective and proactive awareness that we will one day win this battle against Colorectal Cancer.

I would encourage each of you to do the same. Send a letter to your governor, mayor and or state representative and tell him or her why Colorectal Cancer Awareness and Prevention is so crutial in the fight against Colorectal Cancer. I would encourage each and every one of you to be proactive and be heard!

Together we can save our ives!

Happy March 2006!

Hugs!

Holly :lol:

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:08 pm

Fun ideas to spread Colon Cancer Awareness:

Last year, I set up tables in local supermarkets and talked to the customers about Colon cancer and encouraged them to get screened! It is a fun way to connect with your fellow citizens and spread awareness!

Check out your local newspapers. See if there are health fairs in your area. If there are, call the contact listed and ask if you can set up a booth table to distribute Colon Cancer resources and encourage people to get screened!

A couple thoughts. If you want more ideas, send me a line and I will see what I can come up with! Happy March!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”