Get on your mark, get set, GO!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

Get on your mark, get set, GO!

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 pm

Just got back from the hospital and had my PICC installed. It was painless - nice young Doc and two very funny cheerful nurses made the whole experience go very quickly. I'm so appreciative of our healthcare people they are the "best"!!

To-morrow it is my 1st Chemo. Will have to do it "alone" because hubby will not be back into Canada until this Sunday.

Got myself a very funny book to read - hopefully I'll not get too sick :P

I'm actually relieved that finally I'm doing something pro-active to beat this beast.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:06 pm

Good thoughts going your way. You will get through it. My last systemic chemo is Wednesday- I made it you can too! Beat that Beast! Eileen :wink:

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:41 pm

Here I sit at a computer with my "infuser" (looks like a sports water bottle attached to my picc).contains my Chemo meds.

The "infuser" will be detached on Thursday and re-attached 13th March.

Nurse comes in to-morrow to check it for me. I was given all kinds of meds to prevent Nausea and told to "don't be a hero - don't let yourself get sick".Given the usual information on what to watch for and to take temp every day etc.

My experience at the Cancer Clinic was "enlightening" - and a real eye opener. This was not a place of gloom and doom but a place where people were very friendly and "uplifting". Everyone was so supportive and very encouraging to the "new guy on the block". I met 5+ year survivors who were there getting check-ups and they encouraged me greatly.

I'm uplifted - I can do it-- I WILL DO IT!!!
I'll get by with a little help from my friends :lol:

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:46 pm

Anyone else have these symptoms after first Chemo experience?

To-day the flu like symptoms hit me. I have a pain in my back and feel so tired - but at the same time I'm restless and want to fight going to sleep. I haven't thrown up (thank goodness) but I do feel an upset tummy. Did manage to eat a small sandwich and a cup of tea.

Might just have to give in and lie down :cry:

1 DOWN - next appointment 13 March!!

Joy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”